This sweet and spicy pork chops skillet dish is made with with chunks of pineapple, onion, red pepper and jalapeno slices. This is an easy meal that can be on your table in 30 minutes!
Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
Ready for a tasty dish that can be quickly prepared? Well, I’m always on the hunt for more easy family dishes like this low carb chicken casserole or one-pot or skillet meals like this easy sweet and spicy pork dish to make mid-week!
This skillet meal is made with simple and fresh ingredients that tastes great, is WAAAY better than ordering out, and quite nutritious too!
Simple Pork Chop Recipe
This recipe is from Rachael Ray’s cookbooks.
I love the way she writes her recipes with guidance like “eyeball it” or “pour EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil) twice around the pan!”
Now those wing-it instructions are what REAL cooking is all about! She gives the reader the basics and encourages us to adjust the seasoning and ingredients to what we like!
Pork the Other White Meat
Pork is low in fat and calories just like chicken and turkey. In addition, pork also cooks quickly too!
Mix up your menu plan with pork! This skillet meal is a nice transition from poultry dishes that we tend to eat several times a week.
I happen to think that Rachel created this recipe to suit my tastebuds perfectly, please adjust to your preference.
For more spicy heat add an extra few slices of jalapeños. Prefer more pineapple? Go ahead and sweeten it up with more pineapple chunks!
This dish takes no time to cook and is pretty enough to share with guests!
What Goes With Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
Other Pork Recipes to Try!
Looking for more pork recipes? Give these a try:
- Pork Chops with Mushroom Cream Sauce from The Foodie Affair
- Simple Skillet Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion & Bacon from The Foodie Affair
- Easy Baked Pork Chops from The Stay At Home Chef
Sweet and Spicy Pork
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 1-1/2 inch thick boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1 large red onion diced
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 1 8- ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- parsley leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Generously season pork chops with salt and pepper and add to skillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Remove pork and place on a baking dish and put in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- While pork is cooking. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. cook onions, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeños and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables soften (3-4 minutes). Add the pineapple with the juice and chicken stock. Place pork back in the skillet with the vegetables and pineapple and cook for about 3 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Sweet and spicy pork recipe credit: 365: No Repeats, Rachael Ray, 2005