This Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad is quick and easy to make – perfect easy weeknight dinner. If you are looking for a new recipe to change up your meals or a simple meal prep idea then this is one you want to try! Full of fresh flavors and salad greens, this salad is healthy and can be made gluten-free as well. Overall the crunchy texture with the delicious peanut dressing in this Chinese chicken salad will leave your taste buds wanting more.
I’m trying to stick to my New Years’ goals by eating at home more often, and I really needed to breathe some new life into my meals. And, this salad is delicious and brought just the change of flavors that I was looking for in my meal plan!
You also might like this Slow Cooker General Tso Chicken recipe!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Fresh and flavorful this Keto Chinese Chicken Salad recipe is a zesty way to stay on track with your health goals without feeling deprived. Not only is this salad full of Chinese flavors you’ll find in a salad it is also so tasty that the rest of the family won’t even know that it’s keto friendly!
- Easy to Find Ingredients – I always like to make recipes as easy as possible, and this recipe has some simple ingredients found in your grocery store.
- Healthy – This healthy salad is delicious and healthy for your body. Did you know that the olive oil in the dressing helps lower the “bad” cholesterol? (health Harvard edu). The healthy fats and protein from the chicken will help keep you satisfied for hours.
- Quick Meal – Once you have prepped the ingredients, you can have this dish ready in a matter of minutes!
- Packed with Protein – This recipe is packed with protein and low in carbs to keep you satisfied.
- Versatile recipe – adjust the lettuce and add-in fresh veggies to your preference or mix in what you have on hand.
- Mixing bowl or Mason jar
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Salad bowl
- lettuce mix; romaine, napa cabbage, green cabbage
- thinly sliced purple cabbage
- julienne sliced carrots
- thinly sliced red bell pepper
- mandarin oranges, drained
- dry roasted peanuts or sunflower seeds
- grocery store rotisserie chicken, sliced or cubed or cook this air fryer chicken breast recipe.
- sliced green onions
- crunchy noodles or wonton strips
- sesame seeds
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Peanut Dressing
- extra virgin olive oil
- creamy peanut butter
- soy sauce -reduced sodium
- rice vinegar
- sesame oil
- garlic minced or garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes
HOW TO MAKE THIS HEALTHY CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD WITH PEANUT Dressing
STEP 1: MIX THE SALAD DRESSING
Whisk In a bowl or add ingredients to a Mason jar, and shake the ingredients for the dressing until well blended.
STEP 2: PREPARE THE SALAD INGREDIENTS
Slice, and chop lettuce and vegetables. Assemble salads in individual bowls or in a large salad bowl.
STEP 3: ADD THE DRESSING TO THE SALAD
Top the salad with the dressing prior to serving or toss in the salad bowl before serving.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH KETO CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
If you are curious about what goes well with this salad here, this salad is great by itself as a meal alone. Or you can pair it with Buffalo Chicken Dip and fresh vegetables, comforting Keto Chicken Soup, or these Savory Keto Muffins.
HEALTHY CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
- If you love a spicy kick to your salad dressing, double the amount of crushed red pepper flakes in your salad dressings.
- Not a fan of spicy? Leave out the crushed red pepper flakes altogether.
- To make this salad dressing have a sweeter taste add in 1 tablespoon of your favorite sweeteners such as Stevia or Monkfruit.
- Shrimp also makes for a delicious protein in this keto Chinese salad recipe.
- You may also like to try this homemade Asian salad dressing in place of the peanut dressing.
HOW TO STORE
Store your leftover salad in a container with a lid. Make sure to store the dressing on the side of the salad so that nothing gets soggy and all of the flavors stay intact!
The dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
HEALTHY CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD FAQS
Yes! This Keto Chinese Chicken Salad is packed with protein and low in carbs so it can definitely be used as a complete meal if that’s what you’re looking for.
The dressing will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Replace the soy sauce with coconut aminos and you will have a gluten-free keto Chinese salad.
OTHER DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Try this delicious salad today! And keep this recipe in mind when you have leftover chicken. Leftovers can be turned into tasty healthy Chinese chicken salad in minutes!
- 8 cups mix of romaine lettuce, napa cabbage, green cabbage chopped
- ½ cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- ½ cup julienne carrot, sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, sugar free drained well
- 1 cup dy roasted peanuts
- 1 cup wonton strips
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, sliced or cubed
- sesame seeds for garnish
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, sugar free
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, red pepper, salt & pepper. Or Place ingredients in a Mason jar, cover with a lid and shake ingredients together.
- Clean lettuce and cabbage and chop into bite size pieces.
- Slice vegetables; red bell pepper, carrots, green onions.
- Place salad in individual serving bowls or in a large salad bowl. Top with prepared chicken, mandarin oranges, peanuts, and green onions. Sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds.
- If serving in individual add peanut dressing to each bowl. Or toss dressing with salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
¼ teaspoon garlic powder can be used in place of the chopped garlic clove.
Sliced sweet orange segments can be used in place of mandarin oranges.
For a no fuss meal purchase salad bags; Romaine and Asian salads. Mix the two.
To lower the carbohydrates serve without wonton strips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 835mgCarbohydrates: 17gNet Carbohydrates: 11gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 42g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR RECIPE BOARDS