This creamy keto buffalo chicken dip is packed with cheese with just the right amount of kick from the cayenne sauce. This dip is the perfect appetizer for a crowd, but don’t limit this to a gathering! Enjoy this super filling cheesy chicken dip as a complete meal.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo chicken wings are sold at just about every restaurant! I know you know which ones I’m talking about! Those finger licking good spicy wings made with a cayenne pepper sauce.
Wings are often cooled with a dipping sauce like ranch or blue cheese.
Now take that same concept and level up the ingredients a couple of notches and you get this amazing buffalo chicken dip that is perfect for keto and low carb diet followers.
Not only is this a delicious appetizer for a group, but I also like to make this just for me for snacking and a grown-up lunchable.
Yes! Pack a scoop of this keto buffalo chicken dip in a meal prep container with some celery, zucchini, cucumbers, and carrots for lunch or an afternoon snack. You’ll thank me later.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
You will love how quickly this recipe comes together, especially if you use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.
If you decide to make your own chicken, just add about 25 minutes to prepare the chicken.
After the chicken is prepared it is just a matter of mixing all the ingredients together, then bake them until the ingredients are nice and bubbly from the melted cheese.
Let’s get specific!
How Do I Make Buffalo Chicken Dip From Scratch?
You will need the following ingredients:
- Shredded chicken: You can either cook two chicken breast ahead of time or use a rotisserie chicken. To bake and shred yourself follow these how to bake chicken instructions.
- Franks original cayenne pepper sauce: you can use the “Buffalo” sauce if you would like less spice for your buffalo chicken dip. If you like more spice, you can always use “Hot Buffalo” instead. I tend to use a combination of both and that is the perfect spice level for me.
- Cream cheese
- Garlic powder
- Greek yogurt: The Greek yogurt can be substituted with sour cream
- Cheddar cheese: shred it yourself to keep the carbs low. Pre-shredded cheese often adds potato starch to keep the cheese from sticking together. If you don’t like cheddar cheese you can always substitute with your favorite type of cheese.
You will need the following supplies:
- 8-inch skillet or any medium sized skillet
- Oven safe pan if skillet is not oven safe
Steps to make baked keto buffalo chicken dip:
First melt the butter and take your shredded chicken and buffalo sauce and mix the two together with garlic powder.
Now add the cream cheese and over medium heat mix until nice and creamy.
Now you add more cheese (YUM) and Greek yogurt or sour cream to get this dip extra creamy.
Once the ingredients are one happy keto family, add the mixture to a baking dish if your saucepan is not oven proof.
Next you add another layer of shredded cheese and bake until the dip is nice and bubbly.
While in the oven prepare the vegetables to scoop up this gooey cheesy dip!
What Do You Eat With Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo chicken dip is traditionally eaten with alongside celery and carrot sticks. I also like to add cucumber and zucchini slices.
For a crunchy texture, pork rinds are delicious or make homemade baked tortilla chips with low carb tortillas.
For non keto diet follower you can also use crackers or crunchy bread to dip into your Buffalo chicken.
Enjoy out of the baked dish or scoop in smaller portions to serve.
How Do I Store My Buffalo Chicken Dip?
You can store your Buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three additional days.
I don’t recommend freezing your dip, and I doubt you’ll have any leftovers anyway!
More Recipes To Try!
Be sure to check out these bite size buffalo chicken meatballs! These are another great appetizer or meal prep idea.
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup Frank’s Red Buffalo sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) block of cream cheese, softened and cubed
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium
- Add the shredded chicken, garlic powder, and hot
sauce to the skillet and stir.
- Let simmer for 3 minutes or until the chicken
and sauce is heated through.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low then stir in the
cream cheese until melted.
- Remove the skillet from the heat then stir in
the yogurt and ½ cup cheddar cheese until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Transfer dish to an oven safe dish if skillet is
not oven safe and sprinkle on ½ cup cheese.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cheese has
melted. If you need this to stay warm for a longer period of time, feel free to place mixture into a crockpot, cover, and set it to low.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 486mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR KETO, LOW CARB AND APPETIZER BOARDS