Finger licking Easy Oven Baked Ribs with Blueberry Bourbon Sauce! This simple recipe will be your favorite way to cook ribs!
Guys, this recipe is fantastic!! Like really, REALLY good. In fact, so delicious that I think the homemade Blueberry Bourbon Sauce that I used on these ribs should be bottled and prominently displayed next to the more popular brands like Sweet Baby Ray’s and Stubbs BBQ sauce! I just need a cute label, right?
I’ve been playing around with this sauce. First, I topped in on chicken and then shrimp, but the best combination is to douse this on ribs!
Will you be in charge of cooking for Father’s Day? Lot’s of grilled foods will be made, but just in case you don’t touch the grill EVER like me, then you’ll love this easy way to cook ribs in the oven!
I’ve always give the grilling tasks to Alan to handle. He likes it (as long as there is a beer in one hand) and I don’t like messing with the gas or charcoal, so the arrangement works for us. Plus, our ribs on the grill seem to cook up dry and tough! A couple of times we’ve parboiled the ribs before putting them on the grill and that has been a much better cooking method, but that takes the fun away from outdoor cooking when you have to use stockpots inside the house!
So instead of tackling the grill for your next rib cookout, give this oven baked method a try! All you do is coat the meat with a dry rub (I used Grill Mates, Cowboy Rub by McCormick), wrap and seal them tightly in foil, cook them on high heat for an hour, and then lather homemade Blueberry Bourbon Barbecue sauce for some tangy-sweet finger licking good ribs!
Easy Oven Baked Ribs with Blueberry Bourbon Sauce
- 3 pounds pork ribs
- Dry rub (pre-made - any variety)
- 2 cups Blueberry Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Peel off the membrane that covers the bone side of the ribs. Apply a heavy coat of the dry rub to both sides of the ribs.
- Lay ribs on foil with the meaty side up and tightly seal the foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for one hour.
- Remove from oven and open foiled ribs and brush on Blueberry Bourbon Barbecue Sauce on both sides of the ribs. Return to the oven (keep the foil open) and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve with extra sauce.