Start summer with a Blueberry Mojito made with homemade blueberry syrup (sugar-free!), fresh mint, lime juice, rum and a splash of club soda!
Blueberry Mojito Sugar Free Recipe
It’s the end of the school year which has always been my time stamp marking the beginning of summer vacation!
So let’s kick of the season with a delicious blueberry mojito made without any sugar!
Mixing ingredients for beverages is so fun! I love creating drinks with as many fresh ingredients as possible.
The difference in taste is so apparent that it’s hard to buy drinks from places that use pre-mixed syrups.
If restaurants made cocktails the same way I do at home then I would be willing to purchase them more often when dining out!
Homemade Blueberry Mojito With Sugar-Free Blueberry Syrup
I even tell the bartender that I don’t like overly sweet drinks, so only put a little sweetener in it.
They never get it right!
Too sweet or extra watery lacking the flavor that I want. One guy told me to stick with wine, which I think is solid advice! lol
I wish I could get those bartenders to step into my kitchen to see how easy it is to make flavorful syrups for cocktails.
Although, I guess you need to work with what you have. Crappy ingredients just end up being junky drinks!
How To Make Blueberry Syrup
You will be especially pleased with how easy it is to make blueberry syrup!
I followed the same cooking method as this raspberry syrup, but used blueberries for the fruit and instead of adding granulated sugar the berries were sweetened with stevia.
Follow these steps:
- In a small sauce pan add blueberries and water.
- Cook over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring until the berries release their liquid and begins to soften.
- Remove from heat and sir in sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Cool at room temperature.
Tips To Make The Perfect Blueberry Mojito
- First, a mojito isn’t a mojito without that delicious mint flavor, so be sure you have plenty of leaves to muddle so when the oils release you get that fresh minty taste!
- Second, use fresh lime juice. Don’t be tempted to use the concentrate that you can purchase. The difference in flavor is noticeable!
- Finally, use a highball glass, which is typically a tall vessel that can be used to prepare and serve in.
Looking for another summer fun cocktail? This this Refreshing Palama Cocktail!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-9 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon blueberry syrup
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounce rum
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 ounce club soda
- fresh blueberries and mint for garnish (optional)
Option: strain blueberry sauce if you do not want any solids in the beverage.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 13gSugar: 28gProtein: 6g