This cherry dip is sweet and delicious combination of cream cheese, cherry juice, cherries and chocolate chips. Perfect dip for an easy dessert or when you want to satisfy that sweet tooth.
For another quick sweet treat be sure to check out this Cherry Mug Cake too!
Why you’ll love this recipe
Cherries and chocolate are delicious on there own, but when you combine the two flavors you get a sweet combination that will become your go-to easy dessert.
- This sweet dip is festive enough to be the star of your Valentine’s Day dessert. I shared this at a Galentine’s Day gathering.
- Easy to make. Seriously takes minutes.
- No-bake recipe, so you can have this ready in no time.
- You can lighten up the recipe by using sugar free ingredients if you would like.
You can mix and serve this dip in the same bowl if you would like, so keep that in mind when you gather what you need.
- Mixing bowl
- Hand blender
- Neufchatel cheese at room temperature
- Butter, unsalted and at room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Cherries and cherry juice from jar of cherries – I use dark Morello cherries from Trader Joes
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Mini chocolate chips
How to make Cherry Dip
First, make sure your ingredients are at room temperature. 30 minutes to an hour is usually enough time to soften the butter and Neufchatel cheese.
Next, beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy and well blended. Mix in vanilla and cherry juice, and then the powdered sugar.
Finally, fold in chopped cherries and mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to give the flavors a chance to meld.
What to serve with Cherry Dip
- I served this dip with a simple Italian cookie called Lattemiele. These are a slightly sweet and crunchy and usually served with tea or coffee.
- Serve with graham crackers or any crispy cookie.
- Sliced apples or pears are a delicious with this dip.
- For a variety of sweet dips you will might also like this Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Dip or this Apple Spice Cream Cheese Ball.
Substitutions and Additions
- If they’re available you can use fresh cherries, but you will also need a little bit of cherry syrup. I show you how in this Cherry-Lime Mojito Recipe.
- If you don’t have access to jarred or canned cherries, you can use maraschino cherries. I don’t particularly care for that type unless it’s used as a garnish in a cocktail, but I know you can get them fairly easy from grocery stores.
- Make this sugar free with a sugar alternative like Swerve and sugar free chocolate chips.
- You can add almond extract for a little boost to the flavor.
- Any variety of cream cheese can be substituted for the Neufchatel cheese, just make sure it’s the block style, not pre-whipped.
How to store
Refrigerate – This is usually gone in no time, but it you happen to have leftovers store in an air tight container for 3-5 days.
Freezing – Technically you can freeze this cherry dip, but I don’t recommend it. The texture can change when it’s defrosted, and will be unappealing.
Do you have any questions about this easy dip? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this dessert dip.
There are about 10 cherries in a 1/2 cup.
Yes, frozen cherries can be used in this dip. You will want to thaw them before adding them to the recipe.
Neufchatel cheese is made with less milk fat than cream cheese.
Other Delicious Recipes You May Enjoy
- Love pink desserts? I made this pink celebration cake that matched my dishes for a special friend.
- This Chocolate Cherry Yogurt Dip is another tasty and on the healtier side of sweet dips. This one is perfect to add to a brunch menu too.
- You also might be interested in trying Cherry Pie Filling Salad from Margaret’s Morsels! This is a classic salad served in individual servings.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Dip
Sweet cherry dip with chocolate chips for a dessert or an addition to an appetizer. Serve with cookies, crackers and sliced fruits.
- 8 ounce Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cherry juice from jar of cherries
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Morello Cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips more for garnishing
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together until creamy and well blended.
- Mix in vanilla and cherry juice, and then the powdered sugar.
- Fold in chopped cherries and mini chocolate chips.
- Put dip in a serving bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with additional chocolate chips and serve with cookies, graham crackers and fruits.
Fresh cherries can be used in place of jarred or canned, but you will need to make a cherry syrup as well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
I think strawberries will go great with this recipe. Dipping strawberries in this recipe is perfect.
This is such a fun dessert. Perfect for Valentines day or any time you want to whip up a quick sweet ending for your meal.
You’re right, so quick to put together!