If you’re looking for a delicious, refreshing cocktail to enjoy this summer, look no further than this cherry mojito recipe. The sweet, tart flavor of fresh cherries pairs perfectly with the minty, lime-y goodness of a traditional mojito, and the addition of sparkling water makes it nice and crisp. Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make. So go ahead and give it a try, and let us know how much you love it!
If you love delicious mojito recipes, then next time give this Strawberry Mojito recipe a try.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
You know what they say: when life gives you limes, make a mojito. But what if life gives you cherries? You make a cherry mojito, obviously. This refreshing twist on the classic mojito is perfect for summertime sipping.
The tartness of the cherries is balanced by the sweetness of the cherry syrup (instead of simple syrup), while the lime juice adds a touch of acidity. And, of course, the rum ensures that this cocktail packs a serious punch. So whether you’re looking to beat the heat or simply enjoy something delicious, give this cherry mojito recipe a try. Cheers!
- These cherry mojitos are sweet and refreshing.
- The mint provides a refreshing finish that makes it the perfect drink for a hot summer day.
- And best of all, it’s easy to make.
You only need a few basic bar tools to help you make this cherry mojito recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this delicious drink in no time at all.
- small saucepan
- measuring cup and spoon
- swizzle stick or cocktail shaker
- sturdy glass
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this fruity adult beverage. After one quick trip to the grocery store, you will be ready to make this Cherry Mojito Recipe!
- fresh cherries, pitted
- liquid stevia, sugar alternative (or 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar)
Cocktail (1 Serving)
- cherry syrup
- mint leaves
- rum, white
- fresh lime juice
- club soda or sparkling water
- Fresh cherries and mint for garnish
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHERRY MOJITO RECIPE
Making this refreshing drink is simple. Follow the steps below and you will have a delicious adult beverage that is perfect for your next party or gathering.
STEP 1: BOIL CHERRIES AND WATER OVER MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT
Pit and remove stems from the cherries. In a small saucepan add cherries and water and cook over medium-high heat. Bring ingredients to a boil.
STEP 2: SIMMER THE SAUCE FOR 10 MINUTES
Once the sauce reaches a boil lower the heat to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
STEP 3: ADD THE SWEETENER
Remove from heat and add sweetener.
STEP 4: COOL TO ROOM TEMPERATURE
Cool at room temperature before using. Note that you can strain the syrup reserving only the juice if you want. I like to keep the fruit and don’t mind adding it in my cocktails.
STEP 1: ADD MINT LEAVES TO A GLASS AND MUDDLE THEM
In a tall 8-ounce glass place clean mint leaves at the bottom of the glass and muddle releasing the oils.
STEP 2: ADD THE CHERRY SYRUP AND FILL THE GLASS WITH ICE
Add 1-2 tablespoon of cherry syrup and fill 2/3rds of the glass with ice.
STEP 3: ADD RUM AND CLUB SODA THEN STIR
Add rum and fill the rest with club soda. Stir with a cocktail swizzle stick and garnish with fresh cherries and mint.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS CHERRY MOJITO RECIPE
This cherry mojito recipe is delicious on its own, but if you’re looking for something to serve alongside it, we’ve got you covered. Check out some of our favorite pairing ideas below.
- For a light, refreshing starter, try serving this mojito recipe with a fruit and cheese plate. The sweetness of the cherries will complement the flavors of the cheeses nicely.
- If you’re looking for something a little heartier, grilled chicken or fish would be a great option. The smokiness of the grill will pair well with the mint in the drink.
Of course, no matter what you serve, this cherry mojito recipe is sure to be a hit. So go ahead and give it a try, and let us know how much you love it!
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
If you’re looking to change up this recipe, there are a few things you can do.
- If you don’t like white rum, vodka would be a good substitute. Rum is what is traditionally used to make mojitos (Cuban rum). If you do use vodka just be sure to use good quality vodka, as the flavor will come through in the drink.
- For an extra burst of flavor, try muddling some fresh cherries into the mint leaves before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- If you want to make this recipe a little sweeter, you can add more cherry syrup or use a different type of sugar. Just remember that too much sweetness will take away from the refreshing flavor of the drink, so be sure to taste as you go.
- Use flavored sparkling water for a different flavor profile. Lime sparkling water works great when you don’t have fresh lime on hand.
- Garnish with lime wedges, mint sprigs, or your favorite toppings.
- Make this a virgin cherry mojito by omitting the rum.
HOW TO STORE
This cherry lime mojito recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just keep in mind that the carbonation from the club soda or sparking water may go flat. Just be sure to muddle the mint leaves right before serving so they don’t lose their flavor.
Do you have questions about this classic cocktail recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this great cocktail recipe.
A mojito can be made with either rum or vodka. The most important thing is to use good quality spirits, as the flavor will come through in the drink.
Muddling is a bartending technique that involves crushing ingredients to release their flavors. When muddling mint, you’ll want to use a muddler or the back of a spoon to gently crush the leaves. This will release the oils and make the drink more flavorful.
If you don’t have a muddler, you can use the back of a spoon to gently crush the mint leaves. Just be careful not to overdo it, as you don’t want to end up with minty pulp in your drink.
OTHER DELICIOUS COCKTAIL RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
You also might love this Cherry Compote Recipe too!
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- ½ cup water
- 6-9 drops of liquid stevia (or 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar)
Cocktail (1 Serving)
- 1-2 tablespoon cherry syrup
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 2-ounce rum, white
- ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6-ounce club soda or sparkling water
- Fresh cherries and mint for garnish
- Wash cherries, pit and remove stems.
- In a small saucepan add cherries and water and cook over medium high heat.
- Bring ingredients to a boil.
- Once syrup reaches a boil lower the heat to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add sweetener.
- Cool at room temperature before using.
Cherry Mojito (1 Serving)
- In a tall 8-ounce glass place clean mint leaves at the bottom
of the glass and muddle releasing the oils.
- Add 1-2 tablespoon of cherry syrup and fill 2/3rds of the glass
- Add rum, lime juice and fill the rest of the glass with club soda. Stir with a cocktail swizzle stick. Garnish with fresh cherries, lime, and mint.
Frozen cherries can be used in place of fresh. You will need to simmer the syrup longer. Also be sure you pick frozen cherries without added sugar.
Cherry syrup can be strained to remove the solids before using if preferred.
Sugar Free Option - Use 2 teaspoons of Truvia granulated sweetener instead of the drops or 2 tablespoons of your favorite alternative sweetener.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 5g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.