This healthy beef and broccoli recipe is a simple quick meal made with fresh squeezed orange juice flavored sauce. Top with a simple sprinkle of sesame seeds and your meal is ready in under 30 minutes.
You’re looking at a meal that I made twice this past week. Once for taste testing purposes, and the second time was to make sure I had a tasty bag lunch to bring to the office.
Healthy beef and broccoli recipe is on the table in 20 minutes!
Even though I say this dish can be ready in 30 minutes, I factored in the time I took to chase my furry felines out of the kitchen.
We pretty much inhaled this dish, which I make no apologies for. We were hungry and this is good!
Actually, if we were sitting at a dinner table together I wouldn’t want you to witness the way I grabbed a broccoli floret and mopped up the sauce with it. I couldn’t help myself.
Sometimes I don’t think we should bother plating our food. Why don’t we just grab forks and dive in?
I ate this healthy beef and broccoli just as you see it, but Alan ate his with sticky rice.
Next time I’ll serve this with my easy cauliflower fried rice!
- 2 crowns of broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup low sodium beef stock
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch divided
- 1 pound beef sliced flank steak, London broil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sesame seeds optional
- Microwave broccoli in a heat proof bowl with a cover with 2-3 tablespoons of water on high for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk together in a small bowl beef stock, orange juice, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining cornstarch over the beef covering as much as the meat as possible.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and saute until browned on both sides (5 minutes). Add sauce and cook for 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Fold in broccoli.
- Top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
This recipe is modified from Cooking Light. Alan and I spent his birthday weekend in Southern California and the Airbnb we rented was stocked with cookbooks. I wanted to take the book, but that wouldn’t be nice. Instead I took a photo of the recipe 🙂