These leftover brisket tacos are the perfect way to use up any leftover beef brisket! They are packed with flavor and can be made in just a few minutes. Plus, they’re a great way to get your taco fix without having to go out for Mexican food.
Turn Delicious Oven Cooked Brisket leftovers into a complete new and flavorful. Fingers crossed you have leftovers.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
I love tacos. I could probably eat them every day and be perfectly content. But sometimes, I get a little bit tired of the regular ground beef or chicken tacos. So when I have some leftover brisket, I like to turn it into tacos! They’re a fun change of pace, and they’re still just as delicious as regular tacos. Plus, they’re really easy to make – all you need is some tortillas and your favorite taco toppings!
- This recipe for brisket tacos is quick and easy to make and great for weeknight meals.
- It is also packed with flavor, and kid-friendly. It will quickly become a family favorite recipe.
- A great way to use up leftover beef brisket from a cookout or weekend party.
- If you are looking for a twist on beef tacos for Taco Tuesday then this is the recipe for you,
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to make this recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy your new favorite taco recipe.
- large skillet
- small bowl
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make these leftover brisket tacos. Gather these ingredients and get ready to enjoy a simple meal that your whole family will rave about for weeks.
- leftover oven-cooked brisket, diced
- corn tortillas is my favorite, but you can also use flour tortillas.
- chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- cooking oil
- onion, diced
- beef broth
- soy sauce, low sodium
- Toppings – avocado slices, sliced cabbage, crema, diced cilantro, pico de gallo, avocado cream sauce
HOW TO MAKE THESE LEFTOVER BRISKET TACOS
Making these brisket tacos is very simple. Just follow the instructions below and you will a hearty and comforting meal in no time at all.
STEP 1: DICE LEFTOVER BRISKET INTO SMALL PIECES
Dice leftover brisket into small bite-sized pieces.
STEP 2: DRAIN THE CHIPOTLES RESERVING SOME OF THE ADOBO SAUCE
STEP 3: SAUTE THE ONIONS IN OIL UNTIL TRANSLUCENT
Heat a large skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until fragrant and translucent.
STEP 4: ADD MEAT, ADOBO SAUCE, AND BROTH
Add diced meat, adobo sauce, and beef broth, and bring ingredients to boil.
STEP 5: COVER REDUCE HEAT AND SIMMER
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
STEP 6: MAKE A CORNSTARCH SLURRY TO THICKEN THE SAUCE
In a separate small bowl whisk together soy sauce and cornstarch. Add to pan. Cook until sauce thickens.
STEP 7: WARM TORTILLAS AND ASSEMBLE TACOS
Warm tortillas on a skillet and assemble tacos with brisket and the topping of your choice.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BRISKET TACOS
There are so many delicious things you can serve with these leftover brisket tacos. I like to keep it simple and just serve them with some sliced avocado, diced cabbage, sliced red onion, and pico de gallo. But you could also add some refried beans, grilled vegetables, or even some rice. The possibilities are endless!
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
There are a few things you could do to change up this recipe.
- If you don’t have any leftover brisket, you could use ground beef, shredded chicken, or even tofu. And if you want to add some more vegetables, feel free to add some diced bell peppers or zucchini.
- You could also top your tacos with sour cream, cheese, favorite hot sauce, sliced green onions, or any other favorite taco toppings.
- Instead of corn tortillas, you can also use flour tortillas or lettuce wraps.
Making the perfect tacos is all about finding the right balance of flavors. Here are a few tips to help you make the best tacos ever:
- Use fresh tortillas – they make a big difference!
- Don’t overcook the meat – you want it to be juicy and flavorful.
- Add plenty of toppings – they make the tacos even better.
- Use fresh ingredients – they will make your tacos taste even better.
- Top these tacos with a squeeze of fresh lime juice for additional flavor.
- Serving these tacos for a party? Keep the meat warm in a slow cooker or Crock pot on low until ready to enjoy.
HOW TO STORE
Leftover brisket tacos will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just store them in an airtight container and they will be good to go. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months. Just make sure to thaw them before reheating. Be sure to store the tacos unassembled.
Reheat leftovers in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through. You could also reheat them in the microwave. Just be sure not to overcook the meat or it will become dry and tough.
Do you have questions about these leftover brisket tacos? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this beef brisket tacos recipe.
Tacos de Barbacoa de Res is what you call brisket tacos in Spanish.
The best way to reheat brisket tacos is in a skillet over medium heat. Just add a little bit of oil to the pan and heat until the tortillas are warm and the meat is heated through.
Brisket is a cut of beef that comes from the breast or lower chest of a cow. It is a tough cut of meat, but it becomes very tender when cooked slowly over low heat.
OTHER EASY RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Looking for a complete menu plan? Add these recipes to your fiesta!
- Mexican Veggie Bowls -small appetizer size
- Spanish Rice – easy side dish
- Mini Churros – fun dessert
- Spanish Sangria – small batch sangria
Brisket Tacos with Leftover Beef Brisket
- 1 pound cooked leftover beef brisket diced or shredded
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 7 ounce can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce low sodium
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
Beef Brisket Taco Toppings
- chopped cilantro pico de gallo, crema, avocado slices, coleslaw, lettuce, jalapenos
- Dice leftover brisket into small bite-size pieces.
- Drain chipotles in a small sieve reserving ¼ cup of adobo sauce. Reserve the chiles for another use.
- Heat a large skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until fragrant and translucent.
- Add to the skillet diced meat, adobo sauce, beef broth and bring ingredients to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together soy sauce and cornstarch. Add to beef and onion mixture. Cook until sauce thickens.
- Warm tortillas on a skillet and assemble tacos with brisket and the topping of your choice.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.