Cozy up with an Apple Cider Margarita this Fall! This cocktail is a delicious mix of tequila, orange liquor, and apple cider. A perfect addition for your Thanksgiving gathering.
Favorite Fall Margarita
I can’t wait to serve this simple margarita when we gather for Thanksgiving!
I love mixing up cocktails for the holidays to enjoy while we’re prepping and putting the finishing touches on our feast.
I taste tested this margarita with Alan and Sam and they both reported their approval with high fives.
Although Sam did ask if there was any alcohol in his drink!
This drink goes down nice and smooth, so there is potential for enjoying without realizing you’re consuming alcohol.
Oh, and Sam is spot on, I just may have added a little less tequila to his drink (shhhh).
Apple Cider Margarita
We celebrated Sam’s 21st birthday in September so he’s legitimate for alcohol consumption and more importantly he’s a responsible kid, but I’ll probably always water down his drinks!
Remember adding half juice and half water when kids were toddlers?
Well, I realized now I’ve toned down my adult childs cocktail! LOL
APPLE CIDER MARGARITA RECIPE – INGREDIENTS & UTENSILS
- 100% juice, Cider & Spice (without added sugar)
- Agave Tequila(100%)
- Orange liquor (Grand Mariner, Triple Sec)
- Cinnamon sugar (optional for glass rim)
- Apple slice (optional garnish)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional garnish)
- 8 ounce glasses
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail strainer
- Measuring jigger
- Small plate for cinnamon sugar
How To Make An Apple Cider Margarita – Instructions
- Dip rim of glass in water or apple juice and dip into cinnamon sugar and set aside.
- Add ice to glass.
- Pour all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Strain into prepared glass and add a slice of apple and cinnamon stick.
Tips For Apple Cider Margaritas
I do have a couple of tips that I think make this drink extra special.
First, I used Cider & Spice 100% juice. R.W. Knudsen carries a preservative free and no sugar added juice that is quite tasty!
The juice has extra spices like cinnamon, cloves and allspice that are delicious together.
Second, I used tequila that’s 100% Agave, which means that the tequila doesn’t have additional sugars added as well.
You don’t need it with the natural sugars from the juice and the sweetness of the orange liquor.
Grand Marnier is more expensive than Triple Sec, but I think it’s worth the splurge!
Top your drinks with a slice of apple and cinnamon stick and you have one tasty cocktail!
P.S. This is NOT a sponsored post.
- 5 ounces 100% juice, Cider & Spice (without added sugar)
- 1 1/2 ounce 100% Agave Tequila
- 1 ounce orange liquor (Grand Mariner, Triple Sec)
- Cinnamon sugar (optional)
- apple slices (optional)
- cinnamon sticks (optional)
Dip rim of glass in water (or honey) and place upside down on cinnamon sugar mix. Set aside and add crushed ice to the glass.
Pour all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. Strain into prepared glass and add a slice of apple and cinnamon stick.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246 Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg