This Thanksgiving Margarita recipe is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite fall flavors! The apple cider and tequila come together perfectly, and the cinnamon sugar rim is the perfect finishing touch. This is a delicious drink to serve with your favorite Thanksgiving meal.
For another fall favorite cocktail be sure to check out this Apple Pie Moonshine cocktail.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This Thanksgiving Margarita is the perfect fall cocktail for a signature drink when entertaining.
- You’ll love the balance of sweet and tart, and the cinnamon sugar rim adds a touch of sweetness that takes it over the top.
- An adult beverage that is perfect to serve with your holiday meal.
- Easy to leave out the alcohol for a fun mocktail.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this tasty apple cocktail recipe. You should already have these tools on hand.
- 8 ounce cocktail glasses
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail strainer
- Measuring jigger
- Small plate for cinnamon sugar
You will need a few simple ingredients to make this tangy drink recipe. Most of these ingredients can be found at your local grocery store and liquor store. Gather these staples and get ready to sip on a flavorful fall drink recipe.
- 100% juice, Cider & Spice (without added sugar)
- Agave Tequila(100%)
- Orange liquor (Grand Mariner, Triple Sec)
- Cinnamon sugar (optional for glass rim)
- Apple slice (optional garnish)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional garnish)
HOW TO MAKE THIS THANKSGIVING MARGARITA RECIPE
Making this thanksgiving cocktail recipe is simple. Just follow the steps below you will have an adult beverage that is perfect to serve with your Thanksgiving dinner in no time at all.
STEP 1: COAT THE RIM OF THE GLASS IN CINNAMON SUGAR
Dip the rim of the glass in water or apple juice and dip into cinnamon sugar and set aside.
Step 2: Add the ice
Add ice to the glass.
Step 3: Add all the ingredients to a shaker and shake
Pour all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
Step 4: Strain and then serve
Strain into prepared glass and add a slice of apple and cinnamon stick.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS DRINK
We like to serve this margarita with appetizers. We also think it would pair well with roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. It would also be great with pumpkin pie for dessert. This is a strong drink, so make sure you enjoy it responsibly.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Here are a few substitutions that you can use for this cocktail recipe if you want to change things up.
- Cider – If you don’t have cider on hand, you can substitute apple juice. Just make sure it is 100% juice with no added sugar.
- Tequila – You could also use vodka in this recipe if you prefer.
- Liqueur – If you don’t have orange liqueur, you could use orange juice instead.
- Cinnamon sugar – If you don’t have cinnamon sugar, you can make your own by mixing 1 part sugar with 2 parts ground cinnamon. Or you could just rim the glass with cinnamon and skip the sugar altogether.
Here are a few tips to make sure that your apple cider cocktail turns out perfectly.
- I used Cider & Spice 100% juice. R.W. Knudsen carries a preservative free and no-sugar-added juice that is quite tasty! The juice has extra spices like cinnamon, cloves, and allspice that are delicious together
- I used tequila that’s 100% Agave, which means that the tequila doesn’t have additional sugars added as well. You don’t need it with the natural sugars from the juice and the sweetness of the orange liquor.
- Grand Marnier is more expensive than Triple Sec, but I think it’s worth the splurge!
- Top your drinks with a slice of apple and cinnamon stick and you have one tasty cocktail!
HOW TO STORE
This beverage is best when enjoyed immediately. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Do you have questions about this apple cider margarita recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
There are a few different types of alcohol that go well with apple cider. Some of our favorites include tequila, vodka, and whiskey. But feel free to experiment and find the combination that you like the best.
I like to garnish with apple slices, lime wedge, cinnamon sticks, or even a star of anise.
No, the apple cider works in place of the simple syrup.
OTHER DELICIOUS COCKTAIL RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Slow Cooker Winter Sangria
- Turn this Apple Milkshake Recipe into a boozy cocktail by adding vodka.
- Cranberry Cosmopolitan Cocktail
- 5 ounces 100% juice, Cider & Spice (without added sugar)
- 1 1/2 ounce 100% Agave Tequila
- 1 ounce orange liquor (Grand Mariner, Triple Sec)
- Cinnamon sugar (optional)
- apple slices (optional)
- cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Dip rim of glass in water (or honey) and place upside down on cinnamon sugar mix*(see notes).
- Add crushed ice to the glass and set aside.
- Pour apple cider, tequila, orange liqueur all in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Strain into prepared glass and add a slice of apple and cinnamon stick.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Saturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mg
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.