This Thanksgiving Margarita recipe is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite fall flavors! The apple cider and tequila come together perfectly, and the cinnamon sugar rim is the perfect finishing touch. This is a delicious drink to serve with your favorite Thanksgiving meal.
For another fall favorite cocktail be sure to check out this Apple Pie Moonshine cocktail.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This Thanksgiving Margarita is the perfect fall cocktail for a signature drink when entertaining.
- You’ll love the balance of sweet and tart, and the cinnamon sugar rim adds a touch of sweetness that takes it over the top.
- An adult beverage that is perfect to serve with your holiday meal.
- Easy to leave out the alcohol for a fun mocktail.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this tasty apple cocktail recipe. You should already have these tools on hand.
- 8 ounce cocktail glasses
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail strainer
- Measuring jigger
- Small plate for cinnamon sugar
You will need a few simple ingredients to make this tangy drink recipe. Most of these ingredients can be found at your local grocery store and liquor store. Gather these staples and get ready to sip on a flavorful fall drink recipe.
- 100% juice, Cider & Spice (without added sugar)
- Agave Tequila(100%)
- Orange liquor (Grand Mariner, Triple Sec)
- Cinnamon sugar (optional for glass rim)
- Apple slice (optional garnish)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional garnish)
HOW TO MAKE THIS THANKSGIVING MARGARITA RECIPE
Making this thanksgiving cocktail recipe is simple. Just follow the steps below you will have an adult beverage that is perfect to serve with your Thanksgiving dinner in no time at all.
STEP 1: COAT THE RIM OF THE GLASS IN CINNAMON SUGAR
Dip the rim of the glass in water or apple juice and dip into cinnamon sugar and set aside.
Step 2: Add the ice
Add ice to the glass.
Step 3: Add all the ingredients to a shaker and shake
Pour all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
Step 4: Strain and then serve
Strain into prepared glass and add a slice of apple and cinnamon stick.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS DRINK
Serve this tasty Thanksgiving margarita recipe with your traditional thanksgiving menu. Looking for menu ideas? Be sure to check out this Thanksgiving Menu Plan.
We like to serve this margarita with appetizers. We also think it would pair well with roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. It would also be great with pumpkin pie for dessert. This is a strong drink, so make sure you enjoy it responsibly.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Here are a few substitutions that you can use for this cocktail recipe if you want to change things up.
- Cider – If you don’t have cider on hand, you can substitute apple juice. Just make sure it is 100% juice with no added sugar.
- Tequila – You could also use vodka in this recipe if you prefer.
- Liqueur – If you don’t have orange liqueur, you could use orange juice instead.
- Cinnamon sugar – If you don’t have cinnamon sugar, you can make your own by mixing 1 part sugar with 2 parts ground cinnamon. Or you could just rim the glass with cinnamon and skip the sugar altogether.
Here are a few tips to make sure that your apple cider cocktail turns out perfectly.
- I used Cider & Spice 100% juice. R.W. Knudsen carries a preservative free and no-sugar-added juice that is quite tasty! The juice has extra spices like cinnamon, cloves, and allspice that are delicious together
- I used tequila that’s 100% Agave, which means that the tequila doesn’t have additional sugars added as well. You don’t need it with the natural sugars from the juice and the sweetness of the orange liquor.
- Grand Marnier is more expensive than Triple Sec, but I think it’s worth the splurge!
- Top your drinks with a slice of apple and cinnamon stick and you have one tasty cocktail!
HOW TO STORE
This beverage is best when enjoyed immediately. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Do you have questions about this apple cider margarita recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
There are a few different types of alcohol that go well with apple cider. Some of our favorites include tequila, vodka, and whiskey. But feel free to experiment and find the combination that you like the best.
I like to garnish with apple slices, lime wedge, cinnamon sticks, or even a star of anise.
No, the apple cider works in place of the simple syrup.
OTHER DELICIOUS COCKTAIL RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Slow Cooker Winter Sangria
- Turn this Apple Milkshake Recipe into a boozy cocktail by adding vodka.
- Cranberry Cosmopolitan Cocktail
Thanksgiving Apple Cider Margarita Recipe
This margarita is a delicious mix of tequila, orange liquor, and apple cider. A perfect addition for a gathering with family and friends for Thanksgiving.
- 5 ounces 100% juice, Cider & Spice (without added sugar)
- 1 1/2 ounce 100% Agave Tequila
- 1 ounce orange liquor (Grand Mariner, Triple Sec)
- Cinnamon sugar (optional)
- apple slices (optional)
- cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Dip rim of glass in water (or honey) and place upside down on cinnamon sugar mix*(see notes).
- Add crushed ice to the glass and set aside.
- Pour apple cider, tequila, orange liqueur all in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Strain into prepared glass and add a slice of apple and cinnamon stick.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Saturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mg
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Well this is unique! I never think cocktail when I think apple juice or cider. This must be really good, though. I doubt I’ll serve them on Thanksgiving, though, cause none of us would make it to the dinner table…
It’s a fun cocktail to serve! So yummy, but yes, one is my limit 🙂
We gave these a test run this past weekend!! They were a HIT!! Thanksgiving menu cocktail *check!!
Im always looking for seasonal cocktails for Friday night drinks with the neighbors! This one was fantastic and all of the people who had one requested seconds! 🙂
debi at Life Currents
I love the idea of making these at Thanksgiving! A festive and seasonally delicious cocktail to get everyone mellow. Thanks for the recipe
[email protected]'s Dinnertime Dish
I love this fall twist on a margarita! It’s a perfect cocktail for the holidays!
I always say holidays and relatives get along better with booze and this is going to be a keeper for my holidays. It sounds amazing and love that it’s not loaded with sugar!
This looks amazing! I would love to make a pitcher of this for thanksgiving! 2 questions, what are the measurements for a pitcher, and can you get the cider at grocery stores?
Yes, most grocery stores carry cider in the juice section. I haven’t made it by the pitcher, but you could add the amount in the recipe x’s 4-5 or any amount of servings your pitcher will hold. Enjoy!
Karen (Back Road Journal)
A perfect cocktail for Thanksgiving.
I think so! We’ll be enjoying a glass very soon!
I love the look of your cocktail. It’s perfect for Thanksgiving as it looks very festive. Great margarita! xx
Thanks, Charlie! It’s fun to mix things up from the traditional!
Carrie @Frugal Foodie Mama
I am all about fall cocktails right now! 😉 This margarita sounds amazing.
This is a good one – classic to Fall favorite! Give it a try, Carrie!
Michelle | A Dish of Daily Life
This looks fabulous! Perfect way to get in the spirit of the season! Pinning! Can’t wait to try it!
It is a festive drink, just for autumn! Thank you for the pinning love, Michelle!
I have to try this recipe. I love margaritas and apple cider. What a great combo.
I hope you love it! Christie 🙂 I love the cider spice mixed with tequila!
Ha, your too cute watering down your son’s drink. 😉 I love how you garnished this!
He’ll always be my baby — haha!
This sounds like a lovely adult treat – and the Cranberry Cosmos do too!
Thank you, Erica! It’s so fun to mix up some cocktails, especially during the holidays!
What a fantastic seasonal recipe!
Now that looks like one delicious margarita. I have never had one like this before and so perfect for holiday entertaining. Thanks for the inspiration Sandra! Wishing you a super Thanksgiving if I told have a chance to wish you later. Shared, pinned, smoke signals sent!
Thank you dear friend! I hope you are having a wonderful time with you family XO