Apple Pie Moonshine! An apple flavored fall spiced adult cocktail with apple cider & juice along with a mix of unflavored and vanilla vodka! Serve cold or hot! This also makes a great gift to share during the holiday season.
Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
Alan and I made it! We are officially parents of kids in their twenties! The teens years are in the past as our son celebrated his 20th birthday yesterday!
Whoop-Whoop…AND we both still have a full head of hair.
This calls for a parental celebratory cocktail don’t you think?
YES! Yes, it does and I have the perfect party cocktail that my sister passed on to me!
Easy Homemade Moonshine
So let’s just clarify a quick moment. I’m not showing you anything illegal here.
When you think of the word moonshine or also referred to as hooch, you may automatically think of law breaking citizens brewing their own liquor.
If you were distilling your own alcohol back in the 18th century then, yes, you would have been breaking the law if you did this to avoid paying taxes or to sell your concoction.
Well, we all have a little rebel in us, so I thought it would be fun to bring back an easy moonshine recipe without getting in trouble!
With that in mind, if you REALLY want some potent alcohol like produced by home distillers then Everclear grain alcohol is the closest to homemade moonshine you can purchase (assuming it’s legal where you live).
Ingredients For Apple Pie Moonshine:
- Apple cider – you can find apple cider during the holiday season with spices at Trader Joe’s otherwise, I like the brand R.W. Knudsen Cider & Spice.
- Apple juice – real apple juice from your local apple farm if possible. I also like Simply Apple Juice.
- Sugar (granulated and brown) – optional since the apple cider and apple juice are sweet, but the sugars add an extra boost to the mix and you do want this to be sweet.
- Cinnamon sticks
- Vodka (40% alcohol) – I used a mix of vanilla flavored and plain. It doesn’t need to be expensive, just a brand you like. Everclear brand vodka (94.5% alcohol) for a stronger version of moonshine.
Moonshine Recipes Are Potent!
I think using any vodka when mixed with sweet apple juice and cider gives it all the kick we’ll want in this drink.
This is one of those silent but deadly cocktails.
You know the type; goes down easy because the alcohol is masked by the sugary concoction. BUT it’s sooo tasty!!
This is a delicious cocktail to serve if you are having a fall gathering.
Just remember to tell your guest that even though it’s a smooth drink, take it slow!
Serve right after it’s done simmering to keep you warm and toasty during the holidays or bottle and refrigerate it for a cold cocktail.
When it’s all done it tastes like apple pie!
Can This Be Made In A Crock Pot?
Yes! To make in a slow cooker instead of the stovetop, stir all ingredients together and turn on high for 3 hours.
How To Store Apple Pie Moonshine
Moonshine will stay fresh if placed in an airtight container like a mason jar in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Alternatively, you can freeze it like I mention in my how to make limoncello post. Frozen, this will be fresh up to two years.
Although, I know it will be long gone before then especially if you share!
Once this is made, giving it a few days to meld all the flavors together will give you the best tasting moonshine.
For this reason moonshine is one of my favorite cocktails to give as gifts during the fall season.
A small jar filled with apple pie moonshine is always appreciated when sharing with a friend, hairdresser or as a hostess gift during the party season.
What To Serve With Homemade Moonshine
Be sure to fill those bellies up with a hearty meal when you serve moonshine. Here are some tasty ideas:
- Slow Cooked Sirloin Tips with Mushrooms from The Foodie Affair
- Quick Beef Chili Recipe from Southern Living
- White Bean Chili from The Foodie Affair
- French Dip Sandwich from Pioneer Woman
More Party Drinks To Try
If you are looking for some more fun holiday party drinks, be sure to check out these recipes!
This recipe was first shared September 2014, I have since updated it with new photos and additional content, September 2020.
Apple Pie Moonshine
- 2 qt 32 ounces Apple cider
- 2 qt 32 ounces Apple juice
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 750 ml 24.5 ouncesVodka
- In a large stock pot add apple cider, apple juice, brown and granulated sugar and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a soft boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vodka. Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Enjoy warm or cool and place in airtight containers and refrigerate.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.