Serve this festive Cranberry Jalapeno Salsa during the holidays! Blend up fresh cranberries, cilantro, jalapeños, orange juice and honey for one flavorful appetizer!
Cranberry Jalapeno Salsa
Looking for a stress-free appetizer to serve during the holidays? This cranberry salsa is made without turning on an oven or stovetop.
It doesn’t get any easier to whip up a quick healthy snack that is tasty and pretty to look at too! Just look at how beautiful those ruby red berries are!
I folded some of the berry salsa into cream cheese and served it with crackers, but you can also serve it like a traditional salsa with tortilla chips!
Easy cranberry salsa recipe
Whether you serve this salsa traditional-style with tortilla chips or add it to cream cheese, this recipe is ready in under 15 minutes!
Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need:
- Fresh cranberries
- Cilantro leaves
- Jalapeños, seeded and diced
- Fresh orange, juiced
- Fresh lime, juiced
- Kosher salt
- Cream cheese
Fresh cranberries are seasonable
You will only see fresh cranberries in the stores for a short time. Their harvesting season is between Labor Day and Halloween, and fresh berries only become available in the stores through December.
That’s why you see the traditional Ruby Red Cranberry Sauce on just about every table during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and not the rest of the year. Snag some up before they’re all gone!
Cranberry Jalapeno Salsa Appetizer
- 12 – 16 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 2 jalapeños seeded and diced
- 1/2 fresh orange juiced
- 1 fresh lime juiced
- 1/2 cup honey
- pinch of kosher salt
- 8 ounce cream cheese optional
- Clean cranberries and put in a food processor or blender with cilantro, orange juice, lime, salt and honey. Pulse until small chunks are formed. Remover are keep covered in the refrigerator for 1 day (preferably so flavors meld). Serve with tortilla chips or drain 1/2 cup of the prepared salsa and fold it into 8 ounces of cream cheese and form a log. Place log on a platter and pour remaining salsa on top of the cheese log. Serve with crackers.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.