These Keto Almond Butter Cookies are super simple to make, and they are so delicious! They are the perfect little sweet treat that is low carb and keto friendly. The next time that you are looking for a quick and easy cookie recipe, be sure to give these Keto Almond Butter Cookies a try!
These cookies are about 7 carbs and under 50 calories each, which is pretty darn awesome for a sweet treat! For another low carb treat be sure to try this Cinnamon Almonds with a Sugar Free Glaze!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This recipe is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen!
- Plus, it’s always a hit with kids and adults alike.
- A great option to help you stay on track but satisfy your sweet tooth while on a ketogenic diet.
- Nut butters without sugar or additional oils are a great source of protein, and healthy saturated fats that keep us full longer. In addition, almond butter has a nice dose of fiber too!
You only need a few standard kitchen tools to help you make this keto cookie recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this dessert.
- baking sheet or cookie sheet
- parchment paper or silicone mat
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- cookie scoop
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make these low-carb cookies. And, all of these ingredients should be easy to find at your local grocery store.
- large, egg
- almond butter, smooth
- coconut oil, melted and cooled
- vanilla extract
- Swerve sugar alternative, confectioners
- almond flour, superfine
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- kosher salt, fine grain
- dark chocolate sugar free chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE THESE KETO ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES
Making these almond butter cookies is ready. Just follow the directions below and you will have a tasty dessert that can help you stay on track with your lifestyle goals in no time at all.
STEP 1: PREHEAT THE OVEN
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
STEP 2: PREPARE YOUR PAN
Prepare a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
STEP 3: COMBINE THE WET INGREDIENTS
In a large bowl beat the egg, almond butter, coconut oil, sugar alternative, and vanilla until smooth.
STEP 4: MIX TOGETHER THE DRY INGREDIENTS
In a separate bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
STEP 5: ADD THE FLOUR MIXTURE TO THE ALMOND BUTTER MIXTURE
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until a thick dough forms.
STEP 6: FOLD IN THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Fold in the chocolate chips (save some to garnish the top if desired).
STEP 7: SHAPE THE COOKIE DOUGH AND PLACE ON PREPARED BAKING SHEET
Roll the dough into small balls and gently flatten, then add them to the prepared pan.
STEP 8: BAKE THE COOKIES
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are set.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
There are a few substitutions and additions you can make to this low carb cookies recipe:
- You could use any type of nut butter you’d like in this recipe. Cashew butter, pecan butter, natural peanut butter, and sunflower seed butter would all be delicious.
- I used Swerve confectioners sugar substitute, but you could use any type of powdered low-carb sweetener that you prefer.
- You could use any type of chocolate chips you’d like in these cookies. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate would be delicious.
- You could add any type of nuts or seeds you’d like. I think chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts would be delicious.
- You could also add some dried fruit to these cookies. Dried cranberries, cherries, or apricots would be delicious.
HOW TO STORE
These cookies will last in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week. You can also store them in or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Here are a few tips to help you make sure that these almond butter cookies turn out well for you.
- Make sure your ingredients are all at room temperature before you begin. This will help everything mix together smoothly.
- I prefer to use a baking mat or parchment paper when baking these cookies. I find that they don’t stick as much and make for easier cleanup.
- To get perfectly round cookies, use a cookie scoop. This will also help them all bake evenly.
- These cookies are best enjoyed the day they are made, but will still be delicious for a few days after.
- I used natural almond butter for this recipe, just make sure to give it a good stir before you measure it out.
- You can use a fork to make a crisscross pattern for these cookies if you prefer that pretty look.
Do you have questions about this keto cookie recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
Yes, almond butter is keto. It is also a great source of protein and healthy fats.
Yes, almond butter does have lower carbs than peanut butter.
Superfine almond flour is made from almonds ground into a very fine powder. It has a lighter texture and is less dense than regular almond flour.
OTHER DELICIOUS LOW CARB COOKIE RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- 1 large, egg
- 1/2 cup almond butter, smooth
- 1 tablespoon, coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve sugar alternative, confectioners
- 1 cup almond flour, superfine
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, fine grain
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, sugar free
Look for sugar free nut butters. Usually there will be two ingredients; nuts and salt.
Leave out the chocolate chips to lower the carbs and calories.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 cookies Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Trans Fat: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Brands vary and will alter the macronutrients slightly.