Almond butter cookies with sugar free chocolate chips! These gluten-free, keto cookies are soft and pillowy tasty delights!
Any peanut butter fans out there? I’m crazy for a creamy spoonful of nut butter. In fact, I have a couple of peanut and almond butter jars stashed in my office cabinet for for those mid afternoon “I want something, but not sure what” pangs.
Spoonfuls of nut butter are great for a quick tasty fix, but the recipe options are amazing!
I already have a lot of peanut butter recipes on my site. The list varies from Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce , Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie, to Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge! I even have a Peanut Butter Dog Treats recipe!
So I’m excited to expand the variety of nuts to include these Almond Butter Cookies!
Almond butter is a great source of protein, healthy saturated fats that keep us full longer, and has a nice dose of fiber too! Paired with grain free ingredients and chocolate chips made with stevia and you have one scrumptious cookie!
These cookies will bake up in the same shape your form them. There is a tiny bit of spreading, but not much, so I roll them and then flatten the tops slightly with the back of a spoon.
These cookies are about 7 carbs and under 50 calories each, which is pretty darn awesome for a sweet treat! If you are feeling adventurous, you might want to substitute the nut butter in this Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies for almond butter.
The texture will be a little different as you can see the difference between the two photos. Both recipes are great tasting!
Without the chocolate chips the carbs will go down as well. If you are on a very strict low carb diet be sure to check your own ingredients in the recipe analyzer of your choice. Brands vary and will alter the macronutrients slightly.
Almond Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips - Flourless
- 1 large, egg
- 1/2 cup almond butter, smooth
- 1 tablespoon, coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve sugar alternative, confectioners
- 1 cup almond flour, superfine
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, fine grain
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, sugar free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the egg, almond butter, coconut oil, sugar alternative and vanilla until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until a thick dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips (save some to garnish the top if desired).
- Roll the dough into small balls and gently flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Cool on a baking rack.