Honey lavender scones lightly sweetened and infused with lavender buds. These scones are a delicious! Enjoy for brunch or with a hot a cup of tea any time.
Honey Lavender Scones
This isn’t the first recipe I’ve made with dry lavender buds.
You might remember these Lavender Cream Puffs that I made last spring. I topped these with a glaze infused with a hint of lavender.
I’m hooked on the mild flavor that is released when lavender buds are infused in liquid.
For this lavender scone recipe the lavender buds are folded into the scones instead of infusing the flavor!
Lavender Scone Recipe
These lavender scones are sweetened with just a couple of tablespoons of honey.
When serving add an extra coating of honey or homemade lemon curd and rev up the flavors even more!
Gather the following ingredients to make your scones.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Dried lavender buds (see below on type)
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Small saucepan
- Large bowl
- Pastry blender
- Baking sheet and parchment paper (optional)
- Mixing spoon
I’m adding these scones to our Easter brunch, but these treats are also lovely for a bridal or baby shower!
Better yet, invite a couple of your friends over and treat yourselves to high tea!
Fancy and fun and super easy to make Honey Lavender Scones should be enjoyed all year long!
What Type Of Lavender Should I Buy For Scones?
I purchased my lavender buds from World Market, which are English Lavender and the preferred bud for infusing flavor.
French lavender is often used for soaps and perfumes.
Learn more about the two plants from Sunset Magazine.
Honey Lavender Scones
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender buds
- 2 12 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan add heavy cream, honey and lavender buds. Warm over medium / low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let chill at room temperature.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the butter is broken down into the flour mix forming a crumbly mix.
- Whisk egg into cooled cream/lavender mix and pour into flour mixture. With a fork combine ingredients (don’t over mix).
- Put dough on a lightly floured surface and kneed until dough is combined (10-12 strokes). Gently form dough into a 10 x 4 inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise and cut each side into the shape of a triangles (6 per side). Place on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart and brush with heavy cream. Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with additional honey or lemon curd.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.