Cinnamon almonds lightly toasted with a sweet sugar free tasting glaze. This snack is a great afternoon pick-me-up or addition to a salad.
You know those crunchable thick sugar coated almonds that you can get at special events like street fairs or art & craft events?
The enticing aroma of cinnamon gets to take notice every time! Tempting my tastebuds for sure!
Although those warm delicious almonds are probably not the best snacking choice because they’re loaded with sugar.
Not to suck the snack joy out of your munching, but knowledge is powerful.
Just 1/4 cup of those sugar bombs have about 16 grams of carbs, which can negate the good fiber (4 grams) and protein (8 grams) that almonds are made of.
How To Make Cinnamon Almonds Healthy
With this cinnamon roasted almonds recipe we cut the carbs to half (about 7 total/net 3) by using sugar alternatives like erythritol!
Erythritol doesn’t spike blood glucose or insulin levels, so it’s a good option for anyone that watches their sugar intake.
The best part is that these low carb almonds are just as delicious as any sugar coated almond that I’ve purchased!
How To Make Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat egg white until frothy. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Fold in almond coating each nut.
- In a small bowl whisk together sweeteners, salt and cinnamon. Pour over nuts and fold into mix.
- Spread nuts on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip almonds over and continue to toast for an additional 10-15 minutes. Cool and store in an airtight container.
These roasted almonds are delicious right out of the oven (please cool before digging in), but here are some additional ways to eat these almonds:
- Add to popcorn for a sweet and salty flavorful combination.
- Make your own trail mix by mixing with plain walnuts and macadamia nuts.
- Lightly chop and add to salad
- Top on oatmeal or yogurt
- 2 cups almonds, unsalted
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar alternative (I used Swerve)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar alternative (I used golden monkfuit)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 156mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Inspired by Taste of Home Cinnamon Toasted Almonds
PIN TO YOUR LOW CARB, KETO AND SNACK BOARDS