This Copycat Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha is a great way to make your coffee shop favorite at home. It is sweet, creamy and a great way to start off the day with a gourmet coffee without need to spend a long time in line at your local chain coffee shop.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll This Recipe
- This copycat Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha is simple to make and requires just a few ingredients.
- It’s also perfect for when you want to treat yourself with something special, but don’t have the time or money to go out.
- This recipe only takes about 5 minutes and results in an indulgent coffee drink that will rival any latte you can buy in a cafe.
- You can make this a low carb beverage with white chocolate syrup made with Lily’s sugar free baking chips.
- Plus, it’s customizable so you can make it to fit your exact preferences and tastes.
You only need a couple pieces of kitchen equipment to help you make this hot cup of coffee. You won’t regret taking the time to make this delicious cup of joe.
- coffee stirrer or spoon
- milk frother and small saucepan or espresso machine
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this delicious recipe. The best thing about this recipe is that you most likely already have these ingredients on hand, and won’t even need to take a trip to your local grocery store, to make this coffee shop favorite at home.
- espresso or strong coffee
- white chocolate syrup – I like to make my own white chocolate sauce since store-bought is hard to find.
- whipped cream – optional
How to Make This Copycat Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
Making this gourmet coffee at home is so easy. Just follow the directions and you will have a sweet and creamy white chocolate mocha in no time at all.
Step 1: Add the coffee to your mug
Place espresso or coffee in a mug.
Step 2: Add in the syrup
Add white chocolate syrup and stir into coffee.
Step 3: Add steamed milk
Pour warm milk over prepared coffee and top with whipped cream(optional).
Steam milk without a expresso machine
Step 1: Heat the milk on the stove top
On low heat warm milk on the stove top just until steam begins to rise (about 125°F).
Step 2: Froth Milk
Whip warmed milk with a hand frother. Another way to froth milk is to place warm milk in a French press and firmly pump the plunger until you get the texture you like. You can also use a hand whisk or whisk attachment from a hand blender to whip air into the milk.
What To Serve With This Drink
Substitutions and Additions
You can customize this recipe to fit your preferences. Here are some ideas for substitutions and additions.
- Use almond milk, coconut milk or oat milk instead of regular dairy milk.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg to the top for extra flavor.
- Try adding an extra pump of white chocolate syrup for a more intense flavor.
- Substitute the white chocolate syrup with peppermint, caramel or hazelnut syrup.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to give it an extra kick of flavor.
- To make an iced white chocolate mocha , simply pour your coffee and syrup over ice. Or use cold brew coffee if you prefer.
- Give the top of your mocha latte a little extra flare by topping with white chocolate curls.
How To Store
This white chocolate mocha is best enjoyed immediately. But, if you have any extra coffee left over, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to enjoy again, just reheat and froth with a hand frother or spoon before serving.
Sandra’s Pro Tips
Here are a few of my favorite tips to help you make this delicious white chocolate mocha recipe.
- Don’t have espresso or a strong coffee? You can use regular brewed coffee, just double the amount of coffee grounds.
- For an extra creamy drink, use half and half instead of milk.
- White chocolate mocha tastes best with freshly steamed milk – don’t skip this step!
- If you don’t have an espresso machine to steam the milk, follow the steps for the stove top method using other handy kitchen tools.
Do you have questions about this copycat recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this hot white chocolate mocha recipe.
A white chocolate mocha is made with espresso or strong coffee, white chocolate sauce and warm milk.
Yes, a white chocolate mocha does have coffee.
The main difference between a mocha and latte is that a mocha has chocolate added to it, while a latte does not.
Other Delicious Copycat Starbucks Recipes You May Enjoy
Copycat Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
- 2 shots of espresso or 1/4 cup of strong coffee
- 2 tablespoon of white chocolate syrup
- 1 cup milk 2%
- Whipped cream optional
- Prepare espresso or coffee and place in a mug.
- Add white chocolate syrup into coffee and stir to combine.
- Warm milk and steam (see notes). Pour over coffee.
- Top with whipped cream (optional).
Steam milk without a expresso machineTo steam milk without an espresso maker place milk in a small saucepan and heat on low just until steam begins to rise (about 125°F). Whip milk with a hand frother. You can also place warm milk in a French press and firmly pump the plunger until you get the texture you like. Other methods include whisking with a hand whisk or a hand blender with the whisk attachment.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.