This Ghirardelli chocolate sauce recipe is the perfect topping for your favorite ice cream! It is also great for making chocolate milkshakes, use like a dip for churros or cinnamon twists. If you love chocolate, then you will love this recipe!
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Is there anything better than a delicious, warm chocolate sauce over ice cream? This Ghirardelli chocolate sauce recipe is sure to wow your taste buds! It’s easy to prepare and will make your dessert even more special.
- This Ghirardelli chocolate sauce recipe is super easy to make with just a few ingredients.
- It is also rich and thick and great when made ahead to be ready for your next party.
- Is the perfect topping for your favorite ice cream!
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this Ghirardelli chocolate sauce recipe.
- measuring cup and spoon
- medium-sized heavy saucepan
- knife and cutting board
- whisk or wooden spoon
- airtight container or mason jar with lid
You only need a handful of ingredients to help you make this hot fudge sauce recipe. Gather these simple ingredients and get ready to enjoy chocolate sauce that can make amazing desserts and rich drinks.
- Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet cocoa – it’s easy to find at any grocery store.
- butter, diced
- granulated sugar – to lower the sugar you can use a sugar alternative like allulose. Adjust to your sweet tooth spot.
- light corn syrup – this is used so the sugar doesn’t crystalize and gives the sauce a little shine. Leave it out if you prefer.
- vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THIS GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE SAUCE RECIPE
Making this homemade chocolate sauce recipe is simple. Just follow the instructions below and you will have a rich and flavorful chocolate sauce at home in no time at all.
STEP 1: BREAK THE CHOCOLATE INTO ONE-HALF-INCH PIECES
Break the chocolate bar into ½-inch pieces.
STEP 2: HEAT CHOCOLATE, BUTTER, SUGAR, WATER, AND CORN SYRUP IN A MEDIUM SAUCEPAN
In a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, add chocolate, butter, sugar, water, and corn syrup.
STEP 3: STIR UNTIL ALL THE INGREDIENTS ARE INCORPORATED AND THE CHOCOLATE HAS MELTED
Stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the chocolate has melted and has come to a soft boil.
STEP 4: SIMMER FOR 10 MINUTES
Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
STEP 5: STIR IN THE VANILLA EXTRACT
Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
STEP 6: ALLOW THE HOT CHOCOLATE TO COOL COMPLETELY TO ROOM TEMPERATURE
Cool before placing in a jar or container with a lid.
STEP 7: USE RIGHT AWAY OR STORE IN THE FRIDGE
Use right away or store in the refrigerator.
WAYS TO USE CHOCOLATE SYRUP
This chocolate sauce recipe is not only great on ice cream, but also in coffee, mixed drinks, and so much more. Get creative and try it in one of these recipes or come up with your own ways to use this delicious chocolate sauce.
- Add it to your morning coffee for a mocha-flavored treat.
- Use it as a sauce for brownies or pour it over a cake.
- Drizzle it over ice cream or frozen yogurt for ice cream sundaes.
- Make a chocolate milkshake by adding it to vanilla ice cream and milk.
- Pour it over fresh fruit for a quick and easy dessert.
- Use it as a dip for pretzels, marshmallows, graham crackers or churros.
- Add it to a glass of milk for a rich glass of chocolate milk.
- Place in small jar and give as a gift!
No matter how you choose to enjoy this chocolate sauce recipe, you are sure to love its rich flavor and versatility. So next time you are in the mood for something sweet, give this Ghirardelli chocolate sauce recipe a try.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
This chocolate sauce recipe is pretty perfect just the way it is, but sometimes you may want to make a substitution or add an ingredient to change things up. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Butter: Substitute the butter for coconut oil. You can use coconut oil however it will affect the flavor slightly and may harden when cooled.
- Chocolate: Use dark chocolate instead of bittersweet chocolate. Or you can use semisweet or even milk chocolate if you want a sweeter sauce. Use any brand you want. I like Ghirardelli because it’s easy to find.
- Salt: Add a pinch of salt to the recipe if you want to enhance the flavor of the chocolate.
Want to make sure that your Ghirardelli chocolate sauce turns out perfectly? Here are my best tips for this recipe.
- Corn syrup keeps the sugar from crystalizing. If you will use the chocolate syrup right away, then you can leave out the corn syrup.
- While the chocolate sauce is simmering be sure to stir it often to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- If your chocolate sauce is too thick, then simply add a little more water until it reaches the consistency you desire.
HOW TO STORE
This chocolate sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Be sure to keep it in an airtight container so that it does not absorb any other flavors from your fridge.
You can also freeze this chocolate sauce recipe for up to 3 months. Again, store it in an airtight container and thaw it overnight in the fridge when ready to use it.
Whether you choose to refrigerate or freeze your chocolate sauce, be sure to give it a good stir before using as the ingredients may have separated while stored.
Do you have questions about this chocolate sauce recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this easy recipe.
Yes, this chocolate sauce needs to be refrigerated.
Ghirardelli is high-quality chocolate that is great for baking and eating.
Place the chocolate sauce in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each heating, until the sauce is warm.
OTHER DELICIOUS SAUCE AND SYRUP RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- 1 4- ounce bar Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet cocoa
- 4 tablespoons butter diced
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar or sugar alternative for sugar free option
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Break chocolate bar into ½ inch pieces
- 2. In a medium size saucepan over medium heat, add chocolate pieces, butter, sugar, water, and corn syrup (if using).
- 3. Stir chocolate mix until all the ingredients are incorporated and the chocolate has melted and has heated to a soft boil.
- 4. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened (it will continue to thicken when it cools).
- 5. Remove chocolate sauce from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- 6. Cool before placing in a jar.
- 7. Use right away or store in the refrigerator in an air tighter container.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.