Delicious bacon wrapped green beans roasted with a flavorful mustard vinaigrette. If you are looking for the perfect side dish to add to you family dinner or holiday gathering, then I have you covered with this easy green bean recipe. Naturally low carb and keto friendly made with simple ingredients. Every tender bite leaves you with a hint of tang followed by a little salt. You’ll crave for this side dish every special meal.
For a traditional green bean recipe you might like this this new way to cooking it – Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Recipe
Truth be told, I’ve been seeing a variety of these delicious green bean bundles on social media, and I couldn’t get them out of my mind. They look so delicious and perfect to add to weeknight dinners as well as serving when entertaining.
However, most recipes involved par-boiling the beans or pre-cooking the bacon. Too many steps when making a side dish makes me scroll on by! You too? I get it! Here I show you an easy way to make green bean bundles.
- Easy side dish – No pre-boiling water necessary to blanch the green beans. The bacon cooks while roasting the green beans – simple one step method.
- Prepare in advance – making holiday meals can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be when you simplify the cooking process by assembling the green been bundles in advance. Just pop them in the oven the day of your special dinner.
- Flavorful – these green bean bundles taste phenomenal! The mustard vinaigrette is delicious. I added the vinaigrette while cooking and saved a little basting over the bean just before serving.
- Great addition to any main dish – Don’t wait for the holiday season to enjoy this tasty side dish. Turn a simple dinner like an easy meatloaf into an elegant affair. The presentation is spot on! Agree?
Ready to get to the recipe?
Freaky Friday Fall Blog Hop
Today’s recipe is for a special event that my friend Michaela from An Affair From The Heart hosts. For several years (over 6!) she has organized a recipe swap with bloggers that have a variety of cooking interest and styles! We are each assigned a website where we get to pick any recipe we want to share with you!
After months of deciding what to share, I finally get to spill the details about the creator of this bacon wrapped green beans recipe with you.
DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!
The Speckled Palate
Please clap your hands in applause for Erin from The Speckled Palate! I seriously had a hard time putting together my thoughts when deciding what I want you to know about Erin. She is simply amazing! Really.
Erin is one of the most thoughtful, kind-hearted lady I have gotten to know through our blogs and social media. It doesn’t take but a few moments of scrolling through her website to learn that she’s a great recipe developer with some super cool tips on entertaining in her posts too.
However, I also admire her compassion for others, and her bravery for speaking her truth when she feels strongly about her beliefs. She’s not afraid to share a piece of her heart. From the challenges and joys of motherhood to personal lessons with life events that we all go through. Erin is just so darn relatable and real.
Some bloggers like Erin will be more open with their personal lives in their Instagram stories. Erin shares how she has spent part of their day or give you a quick look into a working kitchen that’s not always picture perfect.
You’ll also get a peek into an at-home date night, a glance of her two precious girls on their walks, and sweet Lucy, her first born fur baby!
You need Erin to become your virtual buddy too. Oh, and if you want a fall flavored appetizer, how does Erin’s Sage Pumpkin Hummus sound? Fabulous! You will also want to spend some time browsing through her recipes with bourbon! There are several recipes that I’ll be making from her collection.
Ok, on to these scrumptious bacon wrapped green bean bundles!
Ingredients you’ll need for this Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Recipe
To make this fresh green bean dish you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Fresh Whole Green Beans – I like to pick through the green beans that are displayed in bulk at the grocery store. You can also pick up bagged pre-cut green beans too.
- Bacon – Use uncured thick-cut bacon for this recipe. It holds its shape and adds the perfect texture to each bundle.
- Onion– Yellow sliced onion.
- Fresh Pepper – Course black pepper or a melody of peppers to season the beans.
For the Mustard Vinaigrette
- Extra virgin olive oil – Olive oil is my first choice, but you can also use avocado oil or walnut oil if you have those options on hand.
- Red wine vinegar – The best variety has a sharp bite with a a little sweetness mellowing the flavor.
- Dijon Mustard – Grainy or spicy variety.
- Fresh Garlic Cloves – Minced finely will add a little texture. You can also use 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
- Granulated Sugar – Add just a smidge to tone down the salt and acid from the red wine vinegar.
- Kosher salt – Enhances the flavors deliciously. You can also use sea salt or Himalayan salt if that is what you have on hand.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
This bacon wrapped green beans recipe is easy to make. In fact, trimming the beans is the only step that will take a few minutes.
Although, I grabbed a handful of beans and butted the ends next to my knife and trimmed the ends all at once. Trim the other side the same way, and you’re done!
STEP 1 – PREPARE GREEN BEANS
Wash the fresh green beans in a colander under cool water. Trim the ends of the beans with a sharp knife.
STEP 2 – WHISK VINAIGRETTE
In a small bowl add mustard vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk until incorporated or place all ingredients in a jar with a lid. Cover and shake until mixed well.
STEP 3 – ROLL GREEN BEAN BUNDLES
Slice the each piece of bacon in half. Place a handful of green beans in the center of a half strip of bacon. Roll into little bundles and place in a baking pan or baking sheet with the seam side down.
STEP 4 – SEASON GREEN BEANS
Once you have all the bundles prepared top with the onion slices, and drizzle the mustard vinaigrette on top of the bundles. Season with ground fresh pepper.
STEP 5 – BAKE
Roast for 30 minutes at 350°F degree oven, then turn up the heat to 425°F and cook for an addition 15 minutes or until the bacon is cooked just the way you like it.
Alternatively, you can place under the broiler the last couple of minutes for crispy bacon. Just be sure to watch closely. At this point you don’t want to burn the beans.
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
Serve up! You can serve these right out of the baking dish you cooked them in.
To drain any remaining grease, line a baking sheet with paper towels and placed the bundles on the sheet pan to remove the extra fat. Place the bundles back in the dish or a separate serving platter.
I hope you add this tasty bacon wrapped green bean bundles to your next family meal or add them to your thanksgiving table. They’re sure to be a hit!
Check out these Green Bean Recipes too
- Keto Green Bean Recipe – If you love the traditional green bean casserole then you’ll love this creamy gluten free green bean casserole dish. Cheesy and flavorful.
- Fresh Green Beans with Proscuitto – Served fresh cherry tomatoes and a warm vinaigrette. This dish is always devoured.
- Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan – Lightly coated with parmesan cheese. These beans are a great snack too.
Easy Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- 1 1/2 lb. Fresh green beans trimmed
- 12 ounce Thick sliced bacon cut in half
- 1 onion sliced
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Wash the fresh green beans in a colander under cool water. Trim the ends of the beans with a sharp knife.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl; olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar and salt until incorporated.
- Slice the bacon in half. Place a handful of green beans (8-10) in the center of a strip of bacon. Roll into little bundles and place in a 9" x 13" baking pan or baking sheet with the seam side down.
- Add the onion slices on top of the green bean bundles and drizzle the mustard vinaigrette on top of the bundles (save a little of baste after cooked). Season with pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 350°F degree oven, then turn up the heat to 425°F and cook for an addition 15 minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Take a look at all of our 2021 Freaky Friday Fall Edition Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Pumpkin Pie Bars with Shortbread Crust
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – 30 Minute Skillet Lasagna
- The Carefree Kitchen – Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Devour Dinner – Instant Pot Applesauce
- Fresh April Flours – Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- The Fresh Cooky – Air Fryer Ravioli
- The Foodie Affair – Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Recipe
- Hostess at Heart – Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookie Recipe
- House of Nash Eats – Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog – Halloween Monster Cookie Recipe
- Lemoine Family Kitchen – Creamy Vegetable Gnocchi Soup
- Life Currents – Loaded Potato Skins
- Life, Love & Good Food – Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- The Speckled Palate – Tortellini Butternut Squash Pasta with Pancetta and Spinach
- Sue Bee Homemaker – Overnight Sourdough Bread
- Take Two Tapas – Air Fryer Asparagus Fries
PIN TO YOUR RECIPE BOARDS