Instant Pot corn on the cob comes together quick giving you tender corn cooked right in the husks. Instead of using liters of water to boil the corn you will only use one cup! Grab some fresh corn to add to your menu for your next cookout.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob Recipe
Looking for a quick no-fuss way to put some fresh corn on the cob on the table? You are going to love how easy it is to cook corn on the cob in pressure cooker.
I follow Instant Pot recommended cooking time for this recipe. In fact, I experimented with several different cooking times, and keep going back to the recommended time frame of 1 minute.
Yes, you are reading this correct. Once the steam builds up in the pressure cooker, push the manual mode and timer to 1 minute. That’s right, 60 seconds it all the time needed for tender fresh corn on the cob.
Pick Corn In The Husk
Although you can shuck the corn before placing in the Instant Pot, I like to protect the corn and cook it right in the husk like I cooked this Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob recipe.
I already shared how to pick fresh corn in that post, so I won’t repeat myself. Basically, you will want to pick firm corn. Also, the brighter the husk the fresher the corn, so try to buy this seasonal vegetable at a produce stand or Farmers Market.
How To Cook Corn on the Cob in an Instant Pot
I have a 6 quart Instant Pot, so 4 medium-sized corn on the cob fits well in the center of the pressure cooker.
First you want to clean the corn. Rinse the corn under cool running water and remove any visible dirt. You may want to remove the first layer of the husk. Now trim both ends of the corn so that they can easily fit in the Instant Pot.
Place a trivet or a steamer basket on the bottom of the Instant pot and add 1 cup of water. Add two cobs side by side and place the other cobs on top in the opposite direction.
Next, cover with the lid and close the vent. Push the manual button and add 1 minute. It will take about 10 minutes of the pressure to build. Once the timer goes off, let the pressure naturally release for 1-2 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
Remove the corn with tongs and let cool before removing the husk and the silk. Enjoy!
What to eat with corn on the cob
Corn on the cob goes well with grilled foods and just about any main dish. Here are some recipes to consider:
- Bacon Wrapped Barbecued Chicken – Delicious grilled chicken leg quarters with a dry rub and finished with bbq sauce.
- Classic Grilled Hamburgers – Good ‘ole American burger. This flavorful burger will be on your menu again and again.
- Rib Eye Steak – Simple perfectly cooked steak with a cilantro lime compound butter that can also be lathered on the corn.
- Grilled Ribs – Perfect ribs with a simple rub, then topped with a bbq sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Place the trivet of steamer basket on the bottom on the pot and add 1 cup of water. Place lid on and close vent. Cook on manual for 4-6 minutes.
This cooking method where the corn on the cob is cooked in a mix of milk, water, butter and a sweetener to enhance the flavor of the corn.
Yes, your can wrap each cob in foil, but it isn’t necessary. The husk protects the corn and the Instant Pot steams the corn perfectly. However, once the corn is cooked you can wrap the corn in foil after removing the husk to keep them warm.
Whole corn on the cob is considered a starchy vegetable. However, the kernel is a whole grain, so corn is both a vegetable and a grain. If you watching your carb intake, then you may want to limit the amount of corn you eat.
There are approximately 19 carbs per corn on the cob, and one gram of fiber.
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
- 4 corn on the cob with the husks
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter optional
- Rinse corn under cool water removing and visible dirt or remove the first layer of the husk.
- Trim both ends of the corn so that the corn can fit in the insert easily.
- Place the trivet or steamer basket in the insert of the Instant Pot.
- Add one cup of water.
- Layer the corn in a cross pattern.
- Close the Instant Pot and seal the vending knob. Push manual button and add 1 minute.
- When the timer goes off, naturally release the pressure for 1 minute, then manually release the pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- Season with salt, pepper and butter.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.