Chocolate brownie cherry trifle bites with a fresh cherry sauce layered between dollops of whipped cream!
These Individual Brownie Trifles are simply scrumptious!
The flavors of chocolate with cherries are a wonderful combination. Well, anything with chocolate gets two thumbs up in my opinion but there is something special about these two together!
Did you hear that there may be a shortage of cherries to enjoy this year? Apparently, our erratic weather has messed with the cherry crops limiting the supply!
That’s just so wrong! Cherries are in the same category with watermelon, they both go hand and hand with the summer months! It’s just too sad to think that this summer could come and go without a bowl full of cherries to enjoy, so when I saw a large painted sign screaming CHERRIES on the side of the road, I had to stop at the produce stand!!
I picked up about 2 pounds, which set me back about $10, but they were super sweet and worth the price tag! Some were ruby red and others had more pink in them. We ate most of them as soon as I washed them!
Then I remembered that my friend gave me a cherry pitter, which happens to be the greatest invention ever!
Kind of fun to squish out the pits with a handy dandy tool. I got busy pitting each cherry, and then something amazing happened.
I made a simple delicious cherry sauce, homemade brownies, and then married the two! They were rich tasting, and the best bites had a little taste of cherry sauce, brownie, and whipped cream.
Next time I make these I think I’ll try serving them in the same shooters glasses that I made my Yogurt Berry Parfaits in just for fun.
I used the Ghirardelli Award Winning Brownie recipe from the back of the container of the Ghiradelli baking cocoa. I couldn’t find the exact recipe online, but did find their other brownie drool worthy recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- 2 1/2 cups cherries pits and stems removed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted and melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- [1 teaspoon vanilla extract ]
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate & Cocoa
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour unsifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- Prepared Whipped Cream adjust to taste
- For the cherry sauce, bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until cherries start to soften and release juices (8-10 minutes). Transfer cherries to a heatproof bowl and set aside. Remove half of the cherries and when cool enough puree them in a blender or processor, then put back in the bowl. Simmer the remaining juices until it thickens. Pour over cherries, and let cool.
- For brownies In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter with a wooden spoon. Sift chocolate, flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl then add to the butter/egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and speed into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool and cut into bite size squares.
- To assemble, place 2-3 brownie bites on the bottom of the glass, drizzle about a tablespoon of cherry sauce, then add whipped cream. Repeat layers. Garnish with fresh cherries.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.