Eggs in Clouds: whipped egg whites with chives and a mix of Italian cheeses makes a delicious fluffy base for these eggs.
At first sight, Rachael Ray’s Recipe looked like eggs nestled in drop biscuits and I almost passed by them when I was searching for something to make for breakfast, but then I saw the ingredients and thought how clever!
These light, flavorful pillows are egg whites! Just my kind of meal, simple, healthy, and delicious!
Rachael added chopped chives and bacon to her egg whites, but I decided that little bacon nibbles wouldn’t do.
Since bacon and eggs are the dynamic duo I couldn’t completely do without the bacon, so I served it on the side instead. In fact, I cooked the whole package and we managed to eat every slice!
These eggs are simple enough to enjoy any weekend and the presentation is so lovely, I would also serve these for a special occasion!
Keep this recipe in mind for the next time you have house guests, or are hosting a special event like a wedding or bridal shower. This recipe is perfect for feeding a crowd!
This would also make an amazing morning breakfast for your valentine! Ohhh, yes! Make these for your sweetheart and be sure to cut out heart strawberries too!
Eggs in Clouds
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, Romano and Asiago Cheeses, shredded
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Carefully separate the yolks and egg whites. Keep the yolks whole and put them in separate small bowls.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Fold in cheeses and chives. Spoon four mounds of the egg whites placing them on the prepared baking sheets. Form a well in the center of each mound large enough to hold the yolk, but don't add the yolk yet. Bake egg whites for 3 minutes. Place yolk in the center of the mounds and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven and gently remove from parchment paper. Serve with bacon.