Low Carb Breakfast Sandwich filled with fluffy eggs folded with ham and melted cheese! Serve a crowd or wrap up for a grab and go meal!
You guys, for almost three weeks I was without a hard core schedule (except for our anniversary trip to Hawaii when we had to adhere to a flight schedule). It was heavenly!
I stayed up past midnight on most evenings surfing the web or watched This is Us episodes. I painted my nails a burgundy color, added glitter polish, then lounged as I admired my work so I wouldn’t smudge the polish.
AND I slept in and didn’t roll out of bed until 9 in the morning most days. THAT is a break guys!
Now I’m back to my regular schedule – out of the house by 7ish in the morning, and back by 6 or 7ish in the evening depending on when I go to the gym.
It’s a long day, but I’m cool with it because I really like my new job, and if I prep meals in advance and make food like this high protein low carb breakfast I feel prepared to tackle the day, and more importantly I never get hangry.
For the rolls I used my Low Carb Rolls with Everything Seeds, which are only about 2 carbs each. I didn’t use the popover pan. Instead, I shaped 7 rolls in a circle and baked them right next to each other. I also left off the seeds in this batch, but will probably add them next time.
Once cooked the rolls were glued side by side making it easy to split the tops off in one cutting swoop. It was also easy to add the egg and ham filling making all the sandwiches at once.
These are delicious with melted cheese and if you aren’t serving these breakfast sandwiches right away, then wrap them up for a grab and go meal!
Low Carb Breakfast Sandwich to Feed a crowd or wrap-up to go
- 7 Low Carb Rolls
- 6 eggs
- 6 teaspoons heaving cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Bake low carb rolls forming a circle (rolls should touch each other). Cool and cut top off and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, cream and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium and add butter. Reduce heat to low and add egg mix. Let cook for about two minutes or until bottom sets. Add ham and let cook another minute. Fold ingredients together until cooks and no longer wet.
- Place cooked eggs and ham over the bottom of the rolls. Top with cheese and cook at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Remove from oven and add top of rolls. Cut though each roll horizontally. Serve immediately with salsa or let cool completely and wrap in parchment paper and then foil. Refrigerate or freeze.
- To reheat - remove foil and microwave for 1 minute (refrigerated) or 2 minutes turning once (frozen).