Posted by https://www.thefoodieaffair.com/basic-crepe-recipe/
© 2019 The Foodie Affair. All rights reserved.
Basic Crepe Recipe For Savory or Sweet Fillings
Learn to make crepes from scratch and add this to your favorite recipe list! These basic crepes can be filled with sweet or savory ingredients and enjoyed for breakfast, brunch or any special occasion.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional - add when making a sweet crepe)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, water, vanilla and butter. Sift in flour and salt and whisk all ingredients together until batter is smooth.
- Heat a skillet with oil or butter on a medium high heat. Add ¼ cup of batter and swirl batter in pan forming a thin circular pancake. Cook for about 2 minutes and flip to cook other side.
- Fill with ingredients of your choice.
Makes about 15 crepes.
Loading nutrition data...