Posted by https://www.thefoodieaffair.com/watermelon-rita-cocktail/
© 2018 The Foodie Affair. All rights reserved.
This delicious watermelon rita can be served on the rocks or blended. All fresh ingredients are used in this recipe for the most refreshing cocktail.
- 1/2 cup watermelon juice
- 1/4 cup sweetened lime juice
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 1 ounce of triple sec
- Cut the flesh of a seedless watermelon into chunks. (get a 4 pounder)
- In a blender put 1 cup of the chunks and liquefy. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of a glass and dip in salt or sugar.
- For each serving fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add; watermelon juice, lime juice, tequila and triple sec
- Shake vigorously in a martini shaker and pour into prepared glass.Garnish with lime.
For a blended watermelon margarita cut watermelon in chunks and freeze on baking sheet OR add 1 1/2 cups of ice to the blender with the listed ingredients.
Sweetened lime juice can be purchased at the grocery store in the liquor section. Make your own by combining 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sweetener (sugar or sugar alternative) in a small sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and mix in 1 1/3 cups fresh lime juice. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
Loading nutrition data...