Add this sheet pan baked chicken fajitas recipe to your menu rotation! This 30 minute flavorful meal can be served with tortillas (low carb-version) or served over salad with an avocado cream sauce!
Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe
You know I’m all about easy recipes, especially during the summer when I want to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible.
See, here on the Monterey Bay, our summers are often times socked in with fog. Some days it’s glorious and in the 70’s, then other times the temperature dips into the 60’s and it’s gloomy. Ho-hum.
Our summer weather doesn’t arrive until September and October. I always feel a little guilty complaining about fog, especially when I hear my inland friends and family are in sweltering heat!
Sheet Pan Fajitas
So, we need to be super flexible with our outdoor play time. We never know when the fog will roll in to cover our sun, which is why I’ve been relying on quick sheet pan fajita meals!
If you haven’t tried sheet pan meals yet, you’ll love the flexibility in this dish!
Pair some protein with your favorite bell pepper combination seasoned with taco seasoning and dinner is done!
Steps To Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
For this recipe I used chicken tenderloins, but you can also use sliced steak, fish or shrimp!
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place your sheet pan in the oven to get sizzling hot.
While that is heating, prepare the peppers and onion. I opted to use red, orange and yellow peppers. You need three, so slice up a mix of your favorite!
Gently toss the sliced peppers with some avocado oil and set aside.
Next, remove the pan from the oven and add the peppers to the baking sheet and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
In the meantime, season the chicken with some more avocado oil and taco seasoning.
Once the vegetables are partialy cooked, add the chicken to the pan. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes.
That’s it! Dinner is ready!
Condiments To Serve With Oven Fajitas
Enjoy this meal with your favorite tortilla (try the 4 carb version!) or serve these baked chicken fajitas over a green salad!
Add some extra flavor –
- Avocado Dip from The Foodie Affair
- Sour Cream or Mexican Crema
- Shredded Cheese
- Mexican Salsa Roja from My Latina Table
- Diced Jalapeños
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
Looking For More 30 Minute Meal Ideas?
Delicious and simple is the way to go! Keep on track and fill those bellies with these dishes:
- Keto Stir Fry – You’ll never get bored with this recipe. So many ways to serve up stir fry.
- Cabbage Beef Skillet – This Tex-Mex style meal is always a hit with the whole family. The gooey cheese is irresistible.
- Grilled Chicken With Avocado Salsa – Fire up the grill. This takes minutes to make. Add extra salsa.
Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- Taco Seasoning
- Place baking sheet in the oven and turn heat to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss sliced peppers and onion with 1 1/2 tablespoons of avocado oil.
- Remove hot pan from oven and place vegetables on the baking sheet. Return to oven and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- In the same bowl add chicken tenderloins with remaining avocado oil and taco seasoning. Mix until all pieces of chicken are well coated.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees and add chicken to vegetables. Ensure all the chicken is in a single layer to cook evenly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime heat tortillas or prepare green salad.
- Remove chicken fajitas from the oven and enjoy with you favorite condiments.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.