Have you put away the holiday decorations, set new goals and said farewell to that last Christmas cookie? What a glorious time of year!
Lots of baking, nibbling, cooking, lounging, and Alan and I even squeezed in a vacation in the middle of it all!
Now it’s time to get back on schedule and return to the simple diet that I’m used to.
This Lemon Ginger Detox Drink will help boost energy and helps flush toxins and fat right out of our bodies.
Lemon Ginger Detox Drink
Now don’t go buy out all the ginger and lemon from your grocery store!
Sipping this drink alone won’t melt the pounds away, but if your goal is to lose weight, ginger root has some fat burning properties as well as helps keep sugar levels in check.
Plus, the lemon adds a healthy dose of vitamin C which is always good to stock up on during the cold season.
Benefits of lemon drink
Not only is lemon loaded with immunity boosting vitamin C, but it also is packed with some other benefits you might not be aware of.
- Lemon helps with digestion. Citrus is similar to our bodies digestive acids in our stomach, which can help move food through our intestines and help with bloating.
- Aids as a detoxification, by helping the liver purify and stimulate our liver.
- Can help prevent kidney stone formation.
I absolutely LOVE the simple flavors and the pick-me up this drink gives me first thing in the morning.
Natural Benefits Of Ginger
- Helps calm an upset stomach or nausea.
- May help reduce boat or gas due to the digestive enzyme called zingibain that helps the body break down protein.
- Ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties due to the high properties of gingerol (that spicy peppery flavor).
Savoring this drink makes me feel like I’m drinking an expensive tea from a spa…ahhh! Well, I did act like a spa guest at home and lounged in my robe sometimes until noon while on vacation!
Add a teaspoon of bright red goji berries and let them soften up while the ginger is steeping.
The goji berries plump up in just a couple of minutes and are quite tasty!
- 6-8 ounces filtered water, boiling
- 1/2 inch ginger root, grated
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- honey to taste (optional)
- goji berries (optional)
This post was originally shared January, 2015. I have since updated it including additional content.