No special ingredients or equipment needed. Simply pulse to your desired consistency in a food processor or blender. Leave some pulp for a thicker mix or continue to blend for silky smooth puree.
Now that you have learned to cut fresh mango and how to pick a ripe mango from your grocery store, add this delicious fruit to your diet!
You have at your finger tips a variety of ways to enjoy eating mango, which includes blending it into a delicious sauce.
Adding a sweetener is completely optional. I only add a sweetener if the mango isn’t sweet enough and I rarely have picked sour tasting mangos. If your fresh mango is tasty, there is no need to add sweetener.
However, I do love the sweet flavor of vanilla in this puree.
Homemade Mango Puree
Fresh mango puree takes just a couple of minutes to make.
Gather the following ingredients:
- Fresh mango – 1 to 2 medium size mangos will give you two cups of diced mango.
- Water – needed only to help break down the fruit while blending.
- Vanilla extract (optional), but adds nice flavor that you’ll love.
- Lemon juice (optional) – used to help keep fruit from browning.
- Sweetener (optional) – add only if you want your puree extra sweet. Fresh mango usually tastes sweet enough for me.
You’ll need the following kitchen tools:
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Blender or food processor
How To Make Mango Puree
- Wash and dry mango. Remove any produce stickers attached to the fruit.
- Slice mango into chunks as shown in this post, how to cut a mango.
- Place in a blender or food processor.
- Add water, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Pulse until you get the desired consistency. Blend until smooth or remove half and keep some mango pieces intact.
How Long Will This Stay Fresh In The Fridge?
If kept covered with saran wrap on in an air tight container, mango puree will stay fresh for about 3-4 days.
To preserve longer, freeze mangos for up to 3 months.
How To Freeze Leftovers
If you don’t use the mango right away then freeze the leftovers in ice cube trays.
I use large silicone ice cube trays that hold about a 1/4 cup of ingredients per cube.
Once the puree is frozen, remove from the tray and place in a freezer bag or container. These are a delicious blended with a yogurt based smoothie.
More Ways To Enjoy Mango Puree
Be sure to check out these recipes and add fresh mango to them!
- Basic Waffle Recipe – brunch never tasted so good! Add mango puree to the top of your waffles.
- Mango Lassi – this popular Indian drink is made with yogurt and fresh mango puree.
- Instant Pot Yogurt – vanilla yogurt is delicious with a fresh fruit puree. Make parfaits or swirl mango sauce in a smoothie.
- Low Carb Pancakes – these have a hint of cinnamon that would pair deliciously with mango sauce.
- 1 Mango 2 cups diced
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1 lemon juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sweetener optional of choice
- Dice mango and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add water, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sweetener (if using).
- Pulse until you reach the desired consistency.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.