Slow Cooker Turkey Stock made from the Carcass leftover from your Thanksgiving feast! Add to all your recipes that call for turkey or chicken broth or enjoy a cup just as it is.
Slow Cooker Turkey Stock
Instead of tossing all the bones leftover from your Thanksgiving feast, make an easy and flavorful broth to use in soups and any other dish that you use broth in!
As I put away the leftovers from our Thanksgiving feast, it looked like we barely touched the dishes that were prepared!
I was sure glad that we picked one heck of a large turkey to cook so that we would have plenty to send off with family and have turkey for meals to come!
One of the first meals I want to make is turkey rice soup, and nothing tastes better than soup made with homemade broth!
I had enough time in the kitchen though, so I put my slow cooker to work and made this full-flavored turkey stock!
Basic turkey stock
This rich amber turkey broth is preservative free and without the extra fillers that some brands add to their broths.
That’s the beauty of making your own, you know exactly what ingredients are used!
We cooked our turkey with apples and onions, and I didn’t bother removing them from the carcass.
The more flavor the better! All I added was cold water, a chopped onion, some celery and a few spices before setting the cooker to the low setting.
Eight hours later I had 12 cups of a basic turkey stock!
More Recipes Using Turkey Broth
- 1 turkey carcass, including skin if there is any left
- cold water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bay leafs
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fit turkey carcass into the slow cooker, cutting in pieces if necessary.
- Add onion, celery, bay leaf and thyme.
- Add cold water (filtered) until it reaches about an inch below the top of the cooker.
- Add apple cider vinegar.
- Turn on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Remove carcass and add salt and pepper to the stock.
- Strain stock into heatproof containers.
- Use right away or let cool at room temperature before refrigerating.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 11 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 34mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g