Chimichurri steak salad made with a simple homemade zesty sauce!
Authentic chimichurri sauce, a popular Argentinean dressing is full of fresh herbs providing the most delicious flavor to any grilled foods. We’ve added the sauce to several beef cuts as well as grilled portobello mushrooms and other vegetables like zucchini! The sauce is so delicious with everything it’s paired with!
This recipe is super handy to put to use if you happen to forget to marinade your meat. No worries, just add chimichurri sauce!
Chimichurri sauce just takes a couple of minutes to blend up, and here we use it as a salad dressing. I’ve served this a couple of different ways.
One is to put the sauce directly on the meat and when you cut your steak you’ll spear steak, salad, and then dip in sauce, and the other way is to emulsify the ingredients longer making a thinner dressing, and then toss your greens with chimichurri dressing before adding the meat!
We ate this salad simply and only added cherry tomatoes to our baby greens. No competing flavors, just the perfect punch of flavor from the dressing.
Looking for more beef recipe ideas?
Give these a try:
Chimichurri Steak Salad
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley with stems
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Baby Greens, 2-3 cups per person for a main dish
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- Heat grill on medium-high heat.
- In a food processor, blend parsley, oregano, and garlic until combined, approximately 10 seconds. Add ½ cup oil, vinegar, and pepper flakes; blend to your desired texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush grill with oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. 6-7 minutes for medium. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across grain on slight diagonal. Arrange steak atop greens. Drizzle with chimmichurri sauce or toss greens with sauce before adding the meat. Add the tomatoes.