Only five ingredients needed to make these flourless peanut butter cookies. Keep them simple with the traditional criss-cross pattern or add chocolate!
I have several drinks lined up to share using this homemade raspberry syrup, but I’m skipping right over them for these awesome soft and tender flourless peanut butter cookies! I just can’t keep these delicious treats to myself for a moment longer!
It has been years since I made peanut butter cookies. The last batch I baked was probably when my kids were little and they’re in their twenties now! Psshh, cookies should be a staple around here!
Ingredients For Peanut Butter Cookies
All I can remember about the recipe I used in the past that it was super simple, deliciously peanut-y, and made without flour.
Seems odd to not add flour, but with thick gooey peanut butter it’s not needed!
- Peanut butter
- Baking Soda
Does it get any simpler?! This is the classic (old-fashioned?) cookie I remember baking!
I squished a piece of leftover Christmas chocolate right smack in the middle, and I also baked plain cookies with the crisscross pattern made with a fork.
We keep two types of peanut butter stocked in our house. I like the all-natural kind that is made with peanuts and a little sea salt.
Alan always buys no-brand peanut butter that is probably made with peanut flavoring (haha!). If we’re shopping together I get right behind him and swap it for Jif or Skippy, which is now what we have in the pantry and what I used for this recipe!
This is the cookie you want if you are looking for an easy and flavorful treat!
Looking For More Peanut Butter Treats?
Check out these snacks!
- Chocolate peanut butter fat bombs – creamy sugar free peanut butter dipped in chocolate.
- Peanut butter pretzel bites – creamy filling mixed with a crunchy texture from the pretzels, and of course the chocolate coating is an added bonus!
- Peanut butter brownies, just because – These brownies have a fudge base and a delicious swirl of peanut butter topping that folds into this decadent dessert!
- Easy peanut butter bars – sturdy bars with peanut butter chips and peanuts are perfect for packing in a lunch or bringing to a potluck.
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 3/4 cup brown sugar*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate stars or wafers (optional)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies in before baking (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl beat with a mixer the peanut butter, sugar and baking soda until the ingredients are incorporated. Blend in the egg and vanilla.
Scoop small balls of the dough and roll into granulated sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheet and gently press chocolate in the middle of each cookie or lightly press with a fork and form a crisscross pattern. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
I forgot to preheat my oven so put the dough in the freezer while waiting for the oven to get to the correct temperature. This is not reflected in the directions.
Low sugar option! Use a sugar-free alternative like monk fruit or erythritol, brown sugar versions.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 147 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 122mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Protein: 4g
Cookies from Food Network.