Peach tea is the perfect drink to enjoy on a hot afternoon. It’s refreshing and flavorful, and it’s also effortless to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a little time, and you will have a delicious recipe to help cool off a warm summer day.
You also might like to try this refreshing sugar free peach lemonade too!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
When most people think of tea, they think of black or green tea. But there are many different types of tea to explore. One such variety is peach tea. This sweet and refreshing drink is perfect for a hot summer day. This Peach tea is made with fresh peaches and served cold. Making it refreshing and sweet and great for parties and cookouts.
- If you’re looking for a delicious and refreshing drink to enjoy on a hot day, then I highly recommend giving peach tea a try.
- This recipe is simple to make and perfect for the summer months.
- Takes just 20 minutes to make a gourmet-style tea.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of tea, sweeteners, and fruits to create your perfect summertime drink.
- A great way to use up peaches during peach season.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this summer drink recipe. You should already have these tools on hand in your kitchen. Gather these basic tools and get ready to sit back and relax with a refreshing glass of iced tea in no time at all.
- large pitcher
- large pot or tea kettle
- fine mesh strainer
- large wooden spoon
You only need a handful of ingredients to help you make this refreshing drink. Gather these ingredients and get ready to enjoy a delicious glass of peach tea.
- peaches, sliced with pits removed
- tea bags; Earl Grey, herbal lemon balm, black or green tea
- Sweetener of your choice, granulated sugar or a sugar free alternative to keep this beverage lower carb, maple syrup is delicious too. Sweetener is optional and you may not need it if your peaches are very sweet.
HOW TO MAKE THIS PEACH TEA RECIPE
Making this refreshing drink is easy. Just follow the simple directions below and you will have a homemade pitcher of refreshing peach tea in no time at all. Your friends and family will be amazed by the fruity flavor of this tasty drink.
STEP 1: BOIL WATER, AND STEEP THE TEA
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Place the tea bags in a heat-proof pitcher and pour the boiling water over. Let steep 10 minutes. Once the tea steeps remove the tea bags and discard them.
STEP 2: BLEND THE PEACHES
Place the sliced peaches in a blender along with 1 cup of water, and blend until completely smooth.
STEP 3: STRAIN THE PEACHES
Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer then transfer the strained portion into the pitcher.
STEP 4: SWEETEN TO TASTE
Add the remaining 3 cups of water to the pitcher and stir to combine. Sweeten to taste or leave unsweetened and add to each glass.
Serve over ice and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Changing up this tasty drink recipe is easy. Here are a few ways that you could add more flavor to this homemade iced tea recipe..
- If you’re looking for a little extra flavor, try adding a sprig of fresh mint or Basil to your drink.
- You could also add a splash of lemon juice or lime juice for some tartness.
- If you want to make this recipe alcoholic, adding a shot of vodka or rum would be delicious.
Making this summer drink recipe is easy. Just follow these simple tips to help you make the best peach tea possible.
- For the best flavor, use fresh fruit that is ripe and in season.
- The best way to pick ripe peaches is to look for ones that are soft to the touch and have a slight give when you press on them.
- If you don’t have fresh peaches on hand, you could also use frozen peaches. However, you will need to thaw them first.
- If you don’t have time to make your own peach puree, you could also use store-bought. Just look for 100% fruit peach puree with no added sugar.
- When it comes to sweetening this drink, I recommend using a natural sweetener like honey, cane sugar, or maple syrup. But feel free to use whatever you have on hand or prefer.
- I like to make this recipe with my favorite black tea blend, but you can also use green tea, white tea, or your favorite herbal tea blend.
- If you don’t have a blender on hand, you can use a potato masher to crush up the peaches before you strain them.
- Garnish this perfect summer beverage with fresh peach slices.
HOW TO STORE
This peach tea is best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Be sure to keep it in an airtight container like a pitcher or glass container with a lid.
When you’re ready to enjoy, simply pour over ice and serve.
You can also freeze this peach tea into ice cubes so that when you serve this tea over ice, the ice doesn’t water down the tea.
Do you have questions about this homemade peach tea recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Peach tea is full of vitamins and minerals and it also has antioxidants that can help to boost your immune system.
Peach tea has a sweet and fruity flavor with a hint of bitterness from the tea.
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. It’s best to store it in a glass pitcher or container with a lid.
OTHER DELICIOUS DRINKS YOU MAY ENJOY
- 3 peaches, sliced with pits removed
- 8 tea bags: Earl Gray, Green, Black or Herbal of your choice
- 8 cups water, divided
- Sweetener, optional
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Place the tea bags in a heat-proof pitcher and pour the boiling water over the tea bags. Let steep 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard.
- Place the sliced peaches in a blender along with 1 cup of water, blend until completely smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer then transfer the strained portion into the pitcher with the prepared tea.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of water to the pitcher and
stir to combine. Sweeten to taste. Serve over ice.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Remove the skin of the peaches if you prefer before blending.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.