Are you looking for a new dessert recipe to try? Then, look no further than this Churro Cupcakes recipe. They’re soft, fluffy, and full of cinnamon-sugar deliciousness. Plus, they make for a pretty presentation with their swirling lines of frosting. If you’re looking for an impressive dessert to take to your next potluck or party, give these churro cupcakes a try!
If you love the flavor of authentic churros then you’ll love this cupcake too!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Churros have got to be one of the most delicious desserts around. Buttery, crispy, and coated in cinnamon sugar, they’re pretty irresistible. So I decided to put them in cupcake form! These cupcakes are moist and fluffy with a churro-like texture, and the topping is just like the real thing. If you love churros, you’ll love these cupcakes!
- These cupcakes are made with a light and fluffy cinnamon cake, and they’re topped with a creamy frosting.
- These churro cupcakes are the perfect dessert for any occasion, and they’re sure to satisfy even the sweetest tooth.
- They are the perfect dessert any time of year and you will fall in love at first bite.
- All the delicious flavors of a Mexican churro but topped with a creamy cinnamon frosting.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this delicious recipe.
- muffin pan
- cupcake liners
- measuring cups and spoons
- large mixing bowl
- electric mixer – hand or stand mixer
- medium bowl
- piping bag or pastry bag
This churro cupcake recipe is a delicious twist on a classic Spanish treat. With the perfect combination of fluffy cake and the rich, creamy frosting, these cupcakes are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. To make them, you’ll need the simple ingredients listed below.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- eggs, room temperature
- white sugar or sugar alternative (monk fruit)
- pure vanilla extract
- butter, unsalted
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- cream cheese, brick style at room temperature
- vanilla extract
- confectioner’s sugar
- milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream, depending on the consistency
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHURRO CUPCAKES RECIPE
Making these delicious cupcakes is not only easy but also simple to follow. The key to success is in the measurements so make sure you follow them as closely as possible. So, follow the steps listed below and you will enjoy a delicious and tasty dessert in no time at all.
STEP 1: PREHEAT THE OVEN AND PREPARE THE CUPCAKE PAN
Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees and fill the cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
STEP 2: WHISK TOGETHER THE DRY INGREDIENTS
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
STEP 3: BEAT THE BUTTER UNTIL FLUFFY
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy.
STEP 4: SLOWLY ADD THE SWEETENER
Gradually add sweetener beating for about 30 seconds until well combined.
STEP 5: BEAT IN THE EGGS
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla extract.
STEP 6: ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS TO THE WET MIXTURE
Gradually add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Starting and stopping with dry ingredients. Flour mix, buttermilk, flour, buttermilk, then flour.
STEP 7: MIX UNTIL COMBINED
Beat until well combined. The cupcake batter will seem thin.
STEP 8: DIVIDE BATTER INTO THE CUPCAKE LINERS
Divide into cupcake liners, 2/3 full.
STEP 9: BAKE THE CUPCAKES
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
STEP 10: COOL THEM COMPLETELY
Cool completely before frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
STEP 1: CREAM TOGETHER BUTTER AND CREAM CHEESE
Add butter and cream cheese to a large bowl or mixing bowl for a stand mixer, and beat until smooth and creamy.
STEP 2: ADD VANILLA EXTRACT AND CINNAMON
Add vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until creamy.
STEP 3: SLOWLY ADD THE POWDERED SUGAR
Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with milk until the desired consistency is reached.
STEP 4: FROST
Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes before serving. Top with a cinnamon twist or small piece of churro if desired.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
There are a few things you can do to change up this recipe. Here are a few ideas:
- Add a little bit of ground ginger or nutmeg to the frosting for an extra depth of flavor.
- Try using different extract flavors in the frosting, such as almond or lemon.
- You can use any type of milk you like in this recipe. I usually use whole milk, but you can also use almond milk or any other type of milk.
- If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes before using.
- You can add more or less cinnamon to the recipe, depending on your preferences.
- You can use any type of oil you like in this recipe. I usually use vegetable oil, but you can also use coconut oil or any other type of oil.
- For additional decorations, you can top these cupcakes with homemade churros.
- You can also top these cupcakes with a cinnamon sugar mixture of additional flavor.
- Another way to take this rich cinnamon cream cheese frosting up a notch is with a drizzle of dulce de leche or caramel sauce.
HOW TO STORE
These cupcakes can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also store them in the fridge for up to 1 week.
If you want to freeze them, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container and they will keep for up to 3 months.
Do you have questions about this Churro Cupcakes recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this delicious dessert recipe.
Follow the recipe closely and make sure you measure the ingredients correctly. The key to success is in the measurements.
The secret to fluffy cupcakes is in the eggs. Make sure you beat the eggs until they are light and frothy before adding the rest of the ingredients.
There are a few reasons why your cupcakes might sink after baking. One reason could be that you over-mixed the batter. Another reason could be that you didn’t add enough leavening agents to the recipe or the leavening agents have expired.
OTHER DELICIOUS CUPCAKE RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Sugar Free Cupcakes
- Buttermilk Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Keto Irish Coffee Cupcakes
Churro Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting
Light and fluffy churro cupcakes topped with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Top with a cinnamon twist or piece of an authentic churro for the ultimate cupcake.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar or sugar alternative (monk fruit)
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, unsalted at room temperature
- 8-ounce cream cheese, brick style at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3-5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk, half-and-half or heavy cream, depending on consistency
- Cinnamon Twist or Churro for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees and fill cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda , cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sweetener beating about 30 seconds until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat well to combine.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into the egg mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Starting and stopping with dry ingredients. Flour mix, buttermilk, flour, buttermilk,
- Beat until well combined.
- Divide batter into prepared cupcake liners, 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add butter and cream cheese to large bowl or mixing bowl for stand mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with milk until the desired consistency is reached.
Garnish cupcakes with cinnamon twists or a piece of churro.
The sugar in this recipe can be replaced with sugar free alternatives like Swerve, monk fruit or allulose.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 83gProtein: 4g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Really delicious recipe. I love it yummy!!! It’s really awesome