Cherry Limeade Popsicles are a delicious way to satisfy a sweet tooth! Simple to make and a nice way to cool down on a hot day. Dip cherry popsicles in sparkling wine for a decadent treat!
I’ve been slightly obsessed with all the popsicle recipes that I’ve seen on Pinterest lately.
I almost bought one of those very cool plastic molds so that I could start trying all the recipes I’ve been drooling over.
For now, I talked myself out of the fourteen dollar purchase and picked up the popsicle sticks at a craft store instead.
I turned this cherry limeade popsicle treat into a decadent dessert by using my dessert shooter glasses to make mini popsicles and dipped them in sparkling wine!
How To Make Cherry Popsicles
It is quite simple to make your own fresh fruit popsicles.
Gather the following Ingredients:
- Fresh lime juice
You need the following kitchen tools:
- Cherry pitter or sharp knife
- Blender or food processor
- Popsicle molds or freezable small container
- Ice Cream sticks
You will need to follow these simple steps:
- Prepare fruit – For this recipe we use fresh cherries. Wash and pit the cherries.
This step will take the longest. Be sure to check out my cherry compote recipe for some tips on how to pit cherries.
- Simmer – Add all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes (longer if using frozen cherries).
- Cool – let ingredients cool to room temperature.
- Puree – place cooled ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until blended.
- Freeze – Pour cherry puree in popsicle molds or a freezable small containers.
Can I Use Frozen Cherries?
Yes! Enjoy popsicles all year long and use frozen cherries if fresh isn’t available.
Pick a brand that doesn’t add additional sugar otherwise your popsicles may be extra sweet.
In addition, the simmering time will need to be increased an additional 5-10 minutes.
What Can Be Used In Place Of Popsicle Molds?
If you don’t have a silicone popsicle mold don’t let that stop you from trying to make these popsicles.
Look around your kitchen for some ideas. Here are a couple:
- Small paper cups
- Juice classes
- Shooter glasses
- Small parfait glasses
- Plastic or silicone ice trays
Serve with sparkling wine
Turn these simple cherry popsicles in an extra special (adult) tread and serve them in glasses filled with sparkling wine.
Perfect for a bridal shower, birthday gathering or nice change to a New Year’s Eve celebration.
More Summer Dessert Ideas
Looking for more delicious ways to cool down? Check out these recipes:
- Dairy Free Fudge Pops Creamy and delicious chocolate pops similar to the ones we grew up with.
- Cinnamon Ice Cream – creamy and delicious vanilla base ice cream. This recipe can me made sugar free!
Cherry Limeade Popsicles
- 1 pound cherries pitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- popsicle sticks
- Clean and pit fresh cherries.
- In a medium size saucepan add all ingredients and cook at medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and cool.
- Puree in a food processor or blender and pour into plastic popsicle molds (or any small container).
- Freeze for an hour and then place popsicle sticks in the middle of the container. Freeze overnight.
- To remove from mold, dip in water to loosen and slip out.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR SUMMER DESSERT AND ICE CREAM BOARDS