Chocolate mini donuts with all the ingredients for a rocky road topping!
I love my little mini donut pan! Do you have one? If not, you can enjoy these chocolaty bites by baking the same dough in a mini muffin pan!
Chocolate Mini Donuts
These double chocolate bite size donuts only take about 8 minutes to bake, but your patience will be tested when you add the cooling and waiting time it takes before getting another batch in the oven!
The donut pan can hold a dozen itty bitty bites, which sounds like a lot, but when mini donuts are enticing you, then two or three are standard for snacking on!
I went through two rounds of the bake, cool, clean routine before I thought about getting some help from another baking pan.
Mini muffin pans can be used if you don’t have a donut pan
A mini muffin pan can be used in place of a donut pan, doubling those chocolaty bites in no time!
The mini donut and muffin production is a great way to bake these cuties in a flash!
The mini muffins are similar to donut holes, but these don’t require the dough to be rolled, cut or shaped.
Mix the ingredients up like a cake mix, bake, frost, and there it is…> you just created special yummy morning treat!
Toppings for mini donut recipe
Dip each donut in chocolate, then dress them up some with chopped walnuts and super small marshmallows, creating a rocky road topping!
I like the simple chocolate donuts, but the rocky road topping added some delicious textures to the bites.
Just a couple of these little beauties are enough to satisfy a sweet tooth…perfecto!
More mini donut recipes
Since super small means lower calories, and these mini donuts are baked, not fried, enjoy with a cup of coffee or glass of milk! Guilt-free, please 🙂
Want some more small bites? Give these Easy Homemade Glazed Doughnut Holes Recipe a try from Just a Taste.
How about a batch of these Baked Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donut Holes from The Comfort of Cooking?
Chocolate Mini Donuts with Rocky Road Toppings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons oil canola, vegetable or coconut
For the Coating
- 1 cup chocolate chips melted
- For the Topping optional
- mini marshmallows
- chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease donut pan or mini muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir milk, eggs, vanilla, applesauce, and oil together. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until blended. Don’t over mix.
- Using a pastry bag or plastic sandwich bag, pipe dough into prepared pan. Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing the donuts from the pan.
- Dip each donut or mini muffin into the melted chocolate. Let harden or top with marshmallows and nuts.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.