Easy Snickerdoodle Recipe: a tasty twist to the traditional cookie using a delicious apple spice mix for a Fall favorite cookie!
Easy Snickerdoodle Recipe
I’ve been experimenting with different recipes using my apple spice mix.
The flavor enhanced my apple spice smoothie, and now I spruced up some cookies using the same spice!
Apple spice mix has cinnamon in it just like you are used to tasting in the classic snickerdoodle cookie.
In addition, there are some extra spices; nutmeg, and allspice which gives it an extra oomph of flavor!
Delicious flavors, in fact!!
Snickerdoodles Made With Butter
Some recipes use shortening in the ingredient list, which will give you a fluffier cookie. My preference is to use real ingredients, so I stick with real butter!
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make cookies are light and buttery filled with the flavors of Fall, not to mention the warm smell, especially while baking!
Ways To Enjoy This Easy Snickerdoddle Recipe
Enjoy these the old fashioned way by dipping into a cold glass of milk or how about mixing a batch of hot cocoa mix and serve warm!
Do you entertain during the holiday season? Be sure to add these to your cookie tray.
These also make a great welcome treat to a new neighbor or I’m always big on “Just because” treats.
Wouldn’t a dozen cookies be nice to give to a teacher, your UPS driving or mail carrier?
Looking For More Cookie Recipes?
Be sure to add these to your baking list:
- Carrot Cake Cookies – soft and chewy sandwich cookie with a cream cheese filling.
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies – tender, buttery and practically melt in your mouth.
- Mexican Wedding Cookies – favorite family recipe with chopped nuts and powder sugar topping.
- Almond Butter Cookies – made with chocolate chips for an extra delicious addition of flavor. These are gluten-free.
Apple Spice Snickerdoodle Recipe
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar light
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon apple spice mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For rolling in batter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple spice mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon apple spice, and salt until combined. Add flour mixture to creamed butter, and beat until just combined. Shape dough into balls (about 30).
- Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon apple spice mix in a shallow dish. Roll balls in sugar and place 2 inches apart on prepared cooking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on pan for a minute then transfer to a wire rack.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.