Low carb cheddar biscuits are delicious with a simple pat of butter, served with any meal or split them in half and fill with your favorite ingredients like scrambled eggs or chicken salad!
These delightful biscuits are simple to make and so flavorful that even the most discriminating palate will have a hard time believing that they’re made without flour!
Would you believe that these low carb cheddar biscuits are only 2 carbs and 125 calories each?!
Biscuits made with all-purpose flour and similar wet ingredients to this grain-free recipe are just shy of 19 grams of carbohydrates!
That’s a big difference when limiting carbohydrates in your diet! But wait, there is a bonus, each tender bite is super filling and satisfying!
You’ll love the hint of garlic and flavorful sharp cheddar cheese that is folded into the batter. The cheese melts right into the biscuit adding lots of flavor!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 1½ cups almond flour, superfine
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt, plain
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a medium bowl whisk together almond flour, salt, baking powder and garlic powder.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt, butter until thoroughly combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until a wet dough forms. Fold in shredded cheese.
- Measure a ⅓ cup of dough and place on prepared baking sheet (8 biscuits).
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottom of the biscuits start to turn golden brown.