Baked tilapia topped with avocado mango salsa turns a simple fish dish into a healthy flavorful main meal. This dish can be on your table in under 20 minutes!
What do you do with two avocados that are on the brink of being tossed and a sweet mango? You make a quick topping for fish!
Technically calling this a salsa is a stretch because there are no tomatoes in this dish like you see in this Pico de Gallo, a real chunky salsa.
But sometime you just gotta go with what you have on hand!
My avocados barely made the cut. I was contemplating on tossing them because I wanted to make a chunky avocado and mango topping.
Instead of ditching my plans I mixed the avocados like you do for guacamole and added the chunks of mango!
Perfect topping to add to baked tilapia.
The sweet mango with the smooth avocado and a spicy bite from the jalapeño is delectable together!
Baked tilapia is a simple and satisfying dinner. The avocados always add extra fiber to foods so it helps you feel full longer.
Plus avocados are high in monounsaturated oleci acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid.
The same stuff that is believed to be one of the main reasons for the health benefits of olive oil.
Paired with a hearty dose of protein from the fish makes this recipe a nutritious powerhouse!
You also might want to try these tilapia fish tacos!
Looking For More Seafood Recipes?
Be sure to check out these delicious dishes:
- Tilapia Fish Tacos – Simple pan fried tilapia are delicious choice for taco Tuesday meal.
- Baked Salmon Coconut Curry – this delicious skillet meal is made with a red curry sauce.
- Crab Chowder – 30 minute meal that is sure to keep you coming back for more.
- Easy Thai Coconut Soup – a melody of seafood with a creamy flavorful broth.
- Seafood Boil Recipe – one pot meal that is perfect for a crowd.
- Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp – enjoy as an appetizer or main dish.
- Garlic Butter Baked Cod – simple meal with tons of flavor. You’ll want to lick your plate!
Baked tilapia with Avocado Mango Salsa
- 4 tilapia filets or any white fish
- 1 1/2 limes divided
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 medium mango diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 Jalapeño diced
- kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place fish on a baking sheet and squeeze 1/2 lime juice over the fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 7 minutes for thinly sliced fish or cook until opaque and cooked through.
- While fish is cooking, in a medium bowl mash avocados. Squeeze juice for 1 lime and fold into mix.
- Add diced mangos and Jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to cooked fish.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.