Gardein Mini Crabless Cakes in Clouds of egg whites flavored with pecorino romano cheese, and then topped with a creamy avocado sauce! This protein packed dish is an excellent appetizer or brunch entree!
I have a delicious convenient meat-free plant based protein that tastes good, made with grains and veggies, and non-GMO wheat and soy ingredients! These are so flavorful, it’s hard to tell that these little crabbies aren’t from the ocean! In fact, I’m pretty sure Alan thought he was eating shellfish!
I made these little Gardein gems for me and Alan for an evening snack. We had a big lunch and weren’t hungry enough for a large meal for dinner, but did want a bite to eat! Just three of the little crabless cakes has 32 mg of Omega 3s and 9 grams of protein, plus the egg whites along with Greek yogurt adds more protein to each bite! When you pair these with a healthy dose off avocado that is in the topping, this simple snack is completely satisfying!
I found plenty of Gardein products at Whole Foods chillin’ in the freezer aisle, and I bet you’ll find Gardein available near you too! Gardein is available at over 23,000 retail locations as well as over 5,000 restaurants and 150 colleges, universities as well as other venues across North America!
Curious about the name of the company? The name Gardein is a combination of garden and protein. How clever is that?!
Be the first to try some of newest products like the Meatless Pepperoni Pizza Pocket, Sweet & Sour Porkless Bites, and, Chipotle Black Bean Burger! I plan to making a stir-fry with the Sweet and Sour Porkless Bites I picked up.
These Crabless Cakes in Clouds were inspired by these Eggs in Clouds with a couple of modifications. I left out the chives in the cloud and I’m saving the yolks for another use.
Serve this meatless option for a light dinner, Mother’s Day brunch or for your next potluck! The whole dish takes minutes to put together and it’s quite delicious!
- EGG CLOUDS
- 4 eggs separated
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese finely shredded
- 1 package 10 pieces Gardein Mini Crispy Crabless Cakes
- AVOCADO SAUCE
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- For the avocado sauce blend yogurt, lemon juice, avocado and garlic powder together until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare crabless cakes as suggested on the package and set aside (cover to keep warm).
- In a large bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Fold in cheese. Spoon six mounds (about 1/3 cup shaped to 3 inches in diameter) of the egg whites placing them on the prepared baking sheet. Form a well in the center of each mound large enough to hold the crabless cake, but don't put it in the center yet. Bake egg whites for 3 minutes. Place crabless cakes in the center of the mounds and bake for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from oven and gently remove from parchment. Serve with avocado sauce and garnish with red bell peppers.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.