Strawberry Mousse Recipe | Sugar-Free Dessert
Easy strawberry mousse recipe made with fresh whipped cream, sweetener, and sugar-free strawberry puree. Top this light and airy dessert with fresh fruit!
This post is sponsored by Voortman Bakery. The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Foodie Affair.
Remember that homemade strawberry puree I shared last week?
Well, between a tablespoon of that sugar-free sauce and my lemon curd, breakfast never tasted so delicious when I add a little to my Greek yogurt!
Seriously, just thinking about it makes my mouth water. It’s THAT good!
I highly recommend you put that on your “must make” list, because now I have another recipe you can use that strawberry sauce in.
Have you ever made strawberry mousse?
It’s probably one of the most decadent treats ever created, and I made it a lot healthier by keeping the ingredients simple and granulated sugar-free!
Three Ingredient Strawberry Mousse Recipe
Strawberry mousse is simple to make once you have the strawberry puree already made.
If you would like, you can also purchase a jar of sugar free jam, but I highly recommend making it yourself.
Gather these ingredients:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sugar-free confectioner’s sweetener like Swerve
- Strawberry puree or this Strawberry Freezer Jam to make the puree you’ll need:
- Fresh Strawberries
- Vanilla Extract
- Sugar alternative like Swerve
How To Make Strawberry Mousse
- Chill bowl and beaters in freezer for about 30 minutes
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form with sweetener
- Fold in strawberry puree
- Scoop in serving dishes and garnish
How To Make Strawberry Mousse Without Gelatin
I was super curious to see how this dessert would hold up without gelatin, and I have to say, beautifully!
When using gelatin, you need to bloom it in water, then fold it in the base ingredients, which in this case is the strawberry sauce before folding it into the whipped cream.
I skipped that part entirely and went straight to folding in the puree into the whipped cream to keep this dessert easy. I’m very pleased with the results.
Now, if I was serving this for guests and I wanted to make this 3-4 days in advance, then I would use gelatin to give it an extra boost of thickener.
So the option is yours!
What Goes Well With Strawberry Mousse?
- Fresh fruit: diced strawberries and blueberries
- Sugar free Wafers. Strawberry and fudge coated wafers are perfect with this mousse!
- Samoa Strawberries – chocolate dipped strawberries with toasted coconut
- Almond slivers or chopped walnuts
- Chocolate shavings
- Chocolate chips
Can You Freeze Strawberry Mousse?
Yes! This strawberry mousse lasted in the refrigerator for several days, and the leftovers I scooped in heaping tablespoons and froze it for an anytime treat!
By the way, it is quite tasty in a warm cup of coffee!
Some other ways you can use the leftovers is to bake wonton wrappers like I did with these pecan wonton bites and scoop a tablespoon of mousse in the middle.
You can also buy pre-made mini fillo shells or pie crust if you prefer to go that route.
So many delicious options to serve this strawberry mousse! Give this easy recipe a try today!
Strawberry Mousse Recipe | Sugar-Free Easy Dessert
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cups Swerve Confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 cup sugar-free strawberry puree
- Ensure strawberry puree is cooled and set aside.
- Place large bowl and whipping whisks in the freezer to get cold (about 30 minutes is all you need).
- Remove bowl and whisk from freezer and add whipping cream. Whip until soft peaks are just beginning to form. Add the sweetner and continue whipping until soft peaks form.
- Fold the berries into the whipped cream using a rubber scraper (under over motion) until fully incorporated.
- Scoop into individual serving dishes and chill for about 2 hours.
- Garnish with additional fruit or half or a Vortman Bakery wafer.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR LOW CARB, KETO DESSERT BOARDS
I was a little skeptical of the sweetener because every one that I try leaves a weird aftertaste but this was amazing! Like using regular sugar but without all the calories!
Nope, no aftertaste! The fake sugar in the blue or pink packets are no good. I wouldn’t use those for a sugar replacement.
Low carb and just a few simple ingredients! This is great!
Strawberries are my all-time favorite food. I love that you made this such a quick and easy dessert. Five stars from me!!!
Thank you! Simple and delicious is the way to go when it comes to tasty desserts!
Light and delicious with all the flavor for fresh ripe strawberries – this is the perfect spring dessert!
What a refreshing dessert! Adding this to my must-make list!
What a beautiful recipe! I can’t wait to try it. I’m dreaming of spring and can get strawberries now in our stores. This fresh goodness is just what we need!
This looks like a perfect sugar free dessert! Great for Valentines day!
This looks so light and airy! This would be a perfect Valentine’s dessert!
Those Voortman sugar wafers are my favorite cookie! This parfait looks delicious 🙂