Posted by https://www.thefoodieaffair.com/spinach-and-white-bean-soup/
© 2014 The Foodie Affair. All rights reserved.
Spinach and White Bean Soup
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Oreccheitte pasta
- 1 15 ounce cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 4 cups baby spinach or chopped kale
- In a large saucepan cook carrot, celery and onion in hot olive oil over medium-high heat until softened and fragrant (about 3 minutes). Add broth, beans, diced tomatoes and pasta. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and add spinach. Stir until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.