Ricotta toast topped with slices of fresh pears, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of pecans! Filling and satisfying breakfast or snack!
Change up your morning routine and try this simple and nutritious toast!
Table of Contents
Elevate Your Breakfast To A Tastier Level
This Post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farms. I have been compensated for my participation, but the content and opinions expressed are my own.
Toast for breakfast anyone? Sign me up for a simple and kind of fancy way to enjoy toast!
Although, I’m usually a butter on toast kind of gal, it was fun to create a more enticing breakfast idea for Pepperidge Farm® Harvest Blends!
I received three varieties to try (Seeded, Sprouted, and Ancient Grain), and although each type is made with their own unique whole grain blends, the Seeded Grain is my favorite!
Pick Nutritious Bread For Ricotta Toast
Of course the first thing I did was look at the ingredient list, and was pleased to read that this bread is made with good for you whole grain ingredients.
Plus, the seeded grain is filled with crunchy sunflower, flax and sesame seeds!
At first I thought the seeds were sprinkled on top of the loaf, but when I took a slice out of the bag I learned the seeds are throughout the whole loaf.
Those little seed nuggets add just the right amount of texture to each bite and nutritious!
- Flax seeds – these little guys are full of fat, protein, minerals and vitamins.
- Sesame seeds – good fats (unsaturated) , rich in magnesium.
- Sunflower seeds – also a good source of fats and can help decrease the blood sugar spike from the carbohydrates in breads.
You’ll love the creamy ricotta between the crunchy toast and firm pears.
How To Make Ricotta Toast
Bread is super soft right out of the bag, so definitely toast the bread on a 4-5 level to get a nice base for all the goodies to lay on top.
Next, follow the steps in sequence:
- Thinly slice a pear and set aside
- Add a layer of ricotta to the prepared toast
- Place on a plate and top with ricotta
- Top with 3-4 slices of pear
- Drizzle honey over the toast
- Add chopped pecans and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg or a combination of both spices
To eat this toast, cut in half and pick up each slice with your hands.
In fact, you might want to use a knife and fork for each bite!
This toast is a perfect breakfast, brunch or snack to add to your menu! Try whipping up this over the weekend. It’s super simple to make and delicious!
Ricotta Toast Topped with Sliced Pears, Honey and Pecans
- 1 Slice Harvest Blends seeded grain bread toasted
- 2 tablespoons whole-milk ricotta
- 1/2 pear sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pecans chopped
- pomegranate seeds for garnish optional
- Cinnamon optional
- Toast Harvest Blend seeded bread on a 4-5 heat setting.
- Slice pear in 1/8-1/4" thickness.
- Spread ricotta on top of toast. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Add sliced pears.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle pecans and pomegranate seeds (optional) on top. Add more cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.