Do you love peach jam, but hate the high sugar content? Well, have I got a recipe for you! This low sugar peach jam has all the delicious flavor of regular jam, but with far fewer calories. This is the perfect recipe for peach season this summer. Plus, it’s really easy to make – perfect for beginner cooks. So why not give it a try today? You may never go back to regular peach jam again!
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
This peach jam recipe is different than most because it uses less sugar. Don’t worry, it still has all the flavor of a classic peach jam, just without all the sweetness. Plus, this recipe is a great way to use the juicy peaches that you pick up at your local market or farm.
- You only need a few ingredients to make this homemade peach jam recipe.
- Plus, it’s really easy to make so you’ll be able to impress your friends and family with your jam-making skills.
- This recipe is low in sugar so you can enjoy the delicious flavor of fresh peaches without all the added sweetness.
Making this peach jam recipe with low sugar is so easy. All you need is a few kitchen tools that you already have in your kitchen. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy a sweet homemade jam.
- knife and cutting board
- food processor or blender
- small saucepan
- 8 oz jars
This peach jam recipe only needs a handful of ingredients. After one quick trip to the grocery store or farmers market, you will be ready to make this low sugar freezer jam recipe.
- fresh peaches
- lemon, juiced
- sugar or sugar-free alternative sweetener (add to taste)
- low sugar pectin
HOW TO MAKE THIS LOW SUGAR PEACH JAM RECIPE
Making this easy low sugar jam recipe is as simple as can be. Just follow the eight steps below and you will be enjoying a sweet and delicious jar of jam in no time at all.
STEP 1: PEEL AND DICE THE PEACHES
Pit, peel, and dice ripe peaches.
STEP 2: PUREE THE PEACHES
Place in a food processor or blender and pulse to the desired consistency.
STEP 3: ADD LEMON JUICE AND SUGAR TO THE PEACHES
Put in a large bowl and add lemon juice and sugar. If your fruit is very sweet, then you may use less than a cup of sugar. Adjust to your taste.
STEP 4: ADD THE PECTIN TO A SMALL SAUCEPAN
In a small saucepan add water and gently add the low or no-sugar pectin (I used Ball brand) and stir until completely dissolved.
STEP 5: BOIL THE PECTIN FOR ONE MINUTE
Bring to a full rolling boil while continuing to stir. Bring to a rolling, hard boil and cook for 1 minute.
STEP 6: ADD THE PEACHES AND VANILLA
Pour into the prepared peach mixture and stir until well incorporated (2-3 minutes). Add in vanilla.
STEP 7: POUR THE JAM INTO THE JARS
Pour into prepared 8-ounce jars leaving an inch headspace at the top so the jam can expand during freezing. Gentle tap the bottom of the jar against the counter to get out any air bubbles.
STEP 8: ALLOW THE PEACH JAM TO COME TO ROOM TEMPERATURE
Wipe jar rim, before you cover with the lid. Cover with lids and allow the hot jam to cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LOW SUGAR PEACH JAM
This low-sugar peach jam recipe is so versatile.
- Use it as a spread on toast or bagels.
- Or add it to yogurt or oatmeal.
- Even as a topping for ice cream.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Do you want to customize this low-sugar peach jam recipe? Here are some of my favorite ways to change this recipe.
- If you want a chunky peach jam, then don’t puree the peaches in Step 2. Just dice them into small pieces.
- If you don’t have fresh fruit on hand, feel free to use frozen peaches that have been thawed. But, fresh really works best in homemade jam recipes.
- Or if you want to mix things up a bit, try adding some blueberries or raspberries to the jam.
- Use maple syrup or honey in place of the sugar, for a maple peach jam recipe.
- For a deeper and richer flavor, you can roast the peaches first. Roasted peach jam is a southern staple.
- Add your favorite spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice for a spiced jam recipe.
- For a spicy jam, you can add diced jalapenos. This spicy version would taste amazing on baked pork chops.
- Make this recipe lower carb by using your favorite sugar substitute in place of the sugar.
HOW TO STORE
This peach jam recipe with low sugar will last in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
To extend the shelf-life, you can freeze jars of peach jam for up to six months. Be sure to leave some space at the top of the jar so the jam has room to expand during freezing.
If you don’t have a food processor or blend, you can also use a potato masher or immersion blender for the mashed peaches.
I don’t recommend eating this jam until the next day, as it needs time to set up in the fridge.
Make sure that you use low-sugar pectin for this recipe.
Be sure to wash lids and jars with hot soapy water before you fill them with the jam.
This recipe is the perfect way to make small batches of this homemade jam, but you can double the recipe if you want to freeze extra while the best peaches of the season are available.
Do you have questions about this easy peach jam recipe? Here are the answers to the questions about this recipe.
I recommend peeling the peaches, however, it is not necessary to peel the peaches for this low sugar peach jam recipe. The skin will soften during the cooking process and will be easy to mash.
The lemon juice not only adds a tart and bright flavor to the jam but also helps to preserve the color of the peaches.
It usually takes about 24 hours for the jam to set up or thicken. You can place the jar in the fridge to speed up this process.
The main difference between jam and preserves is that jam is made with crushed fruit and preserve is made with whole or diced fruit.
OTHER DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Peach Bread with shredded coconut.
- Peach Fruit Bars Recipe from Add A Pinch
- Grilled Peaches topped with vanilla yogurt cream.
- Peach Lemonade – a sugar free refreshing drink.
For a savory dish try –
- Pork Chops with Peach Jalapeno Sauce from The Foodie Affair. Great way to use this easy freezer jam.
- Chicken with Peach Preserves from Epicurious
What would you use this peach jam for?
Looking For Another Freezer Jam To Try?
Be sure to add this Strawberry Freezer Jam to your easy preserving to do list.
Easy Peach Freezer Jam – Low Sugar
- 6 fresh peaches about 2 pounds
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2-1 cup sugar or sugar-free alternative sweetener add to taste
- 3 tablespoons low sugar pectin
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pit, peel and dice peaches.
- Place in a food processor or blender and pulse to the desired consistency.
- Put in a large bowl and add lemon juice and sugar. If your fruit is very sweet, then you may use less than a cup of sugar. Adjust to your taste.
- In a small sauce pan add water and gently add the low or no-sugar pectin (I used Ball brand) and stir until completely dissolved. Bring to a full boil while continuing to stir. Bring to a rolling, hard boil and cook for 1 minute. Pour into prepared peach mixture and stir until well incorporated (2-3 minutes).
- Add in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared 8 ounce jars leaving some space at the top so the jam can expand during freezing.
- Cover with lids and keep at room temperature until cool. Store in the refrigerator or freezer .
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
This recipe was first shared August, 2015. It has been updated May, 2022 with additional photos and updated content. The recipe has remained the same.