Low carb parmesan chicken with a simple gluten free crusty coating baked in the oven and then coated with cheese and a dollop of marinara sauce.
Low Carb Parmesan Chicken
Eggplant and chicken parmesan are probably my favorite meals to order when we go to an Italian restaurant.
Since I’ve changed to a low carb diet I decided to play with The Best Parmesan Chicken recipe and make this the ultimate low carb chicken parmesan at home!
With a few tricks and tweaks, you won’t miss the traditional way to coating chicken filets with breading.
In addition, once you taste how delicious this dish is you’ll be putting this low carb parmesan chicken recipe on your meal rotation regularly.
Easy Bread Crumb Swap For Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
As noted, one low carb swap I’ve found that is common is to use as a bread-like coating is pork rinds!
Blend them up in a food processor or blender and you have instant crumbs!
Pork rinds hold up just like bread crumbs, but there is a bonus, they have zero carbs!
How To Make Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
The key to this recipe is to make sure you have plenty of counter space to allow for several dishes to dredge the chicken in.
In two separate shallow bowls whisk the eggs and in the other combine parmesan, pork rind crumbs and spices.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Dredge each cutlet in egg mixture (let the egg drip off).
Next, coat all sides in the pork rind mixture.
Press lightly if needed to so crumbs stick to the chicken. Place chicken on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
For extra crispy chicken lightly spray a cooling rack that can fit on top of your baking sheet to the heat can cook under the chicken pieces.
Can Prepared Sauce Be Used Instead of Homemade?
Absolutely! Although, you may be surprised how simple it is to make my sauce.
I recommend picking a sauce that is sugar free to keep the meal low carb.
Can Sliced Cheese Be Used Instead of Shredded?
Yes, go ahead and lay a slice of deli cheese over the chicken instead of the shredded cheese.
Make sure the cheese isn’t too thick if you slice it yourself.
What Goes With Chicken Parmesan
I cooked up traditional pasta for Alan, but for my dish I tried a gluten-free, low calorie fettuccine noodle made out of water-soluble fiber made from the Konjac plant.
Both brands are made from the same Konjac plant.
Both brands are made from the gelatinous Konjac yam, and you can just warm them up and eat them right out of the package. No big pots of boiling water to get ready.
Try this lower carb classic recipe! You’ll love how tender the chicken cooks up. Save your carbs for another dish!
More Chicken Recipes
You also might love to try some of these other chicken recipes;
- Keto Chicken Thighs – Perfectly seasoned chicken thighs the whole family will love.
- Easy Baked Chicken Fajitas – Simple 30 minute complete meal.
- Low Carb Chicken Casserole – Comfort food low carb style with broccoli and gooey cheese.
- Keto Chicken Soup – Slow developed flavor from cooking in a dutch oven and loaded with healthy fats and tender morsels of chicken, this is sure to become a new favorite soup.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 (6 - 8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, halved horizontally and pounded 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian Three Cheese Mixture, shredded
- 2 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup (crumbs) pork rinds blended
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 994mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR CHICKEN AND LOW CARB DINNER BOARDS