This Lazy Ravioli Lasagna recipe is an easy casserole that the whole family will love and can be easily made ahead of time. If you love lasagna, but want a quick was to serve this dish, then this easy dinner idea, Lazy Ravioli Lasagna recipe is the meal for you!
For a traditional lasagna dish you will love this Vegetable Lasagna!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s a great recipe to make on busy weeknights.
- It can be assembled ahead so it’s ready to bake when you get home.
- You can easily customize this recipe to suit your tastebuds. Keep it vegetarian with cheese filled ravioli or mix it up with a meat filled ravioli.
- It has all the flavors of traditional lasagna without all the work.
You only need a couple of basic kitchen tools to help you make this delicious recipe. You should already have these tools on hand in your kitchen.
- 9×13 baking dish or casserole dish
- aluminum foil
INGREDIENTS FOR RAVIOLI LASAGNA
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this lazy ravioli lasagna recipe. All of these ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store, or you may even have them on hand already.
- marinara sauce or pasta sauce like this meaty crock pot pasta sauce.
- frozen or fresh cheese ravioli
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
HOW TO MAKE THIS LAZY RAVIOLI LASAGNA RECIPE
Making this lazy lasagna recipe is so easy. Just follow these simple steps below and you will have a tasty weeknight dinner in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare a baking pan
Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Spread marinara on the bottom of the baking dish
Spread a thin layer (about ¼ to ⅓ cup) of marinara on the bottom of the dish and then put a layer of ravioli on top.
Step 3: Layer the marinara and mozzarella cheese on top of the ravioli
Layer 1 cup of the marinara and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top of the ravioli. Repeat the layering process until all the ravioli have been laid in the dish.
Step 4: Top the layers with the remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese
Top with the remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Step 5: Sprinkle cheese on top
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
Step 6: Cover with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes
Cover the baking dish in aluminum foil and place it into the preheated oven for 25 minutes (or 30 minutes if using frozen ravioli).
Step 7: Brown the top of the casserole
Remove the baking dish from the oven and remove the foil. Return the dish to
the oven and bake uncovered for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly on top.
Step 8: Allow the easy lasagna to cool slightly then garnish and serve
Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top before serving.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS DISH
This lazy ravioli lasagna dish is hearty and filling, but you may want to serve it with a simple green salad or some garlic bread. Here are some great options for sides that will complement this recipe nicely.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Here are a few substitutions and additions that you can make to this easy lasagna recipe. Feel free to get creative and make this dish your own.
- Add some cooked ground beef, Italian sausage, or chicken to the layers for an extra protein boost.
- Switch up the sauce and use Alfredo sauce, pesto, or a creamy tomato sauce in place of the marinara.
- Add some sautéed onions, mushrooms, fresh spinach or bell peppers to the layers for extra veggies.
- Add some extra flavor to your pasta sauce for this ravioli bake by adding in garlic powder, onion powder, or Italian seasoning.
Here are a few tips to help you make this recipe perfectly.
- If using frozen ravioli, cook the casserole for an extra 5 minutes.
- Use a good quality marinara sauce for the best flavor.
- If you want a little extra spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce.
- This recipe can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen for later. Just assemble the casserole and bake it when you’re ready to eat.
- You can also garnish this dish with fresh basil for a great flavor.
- If you are adding meat to this casserole, be sure that you brown the meat first, and then mix the brown meat into the pasta sauce.
HOW TO STORE
This leftover ravioli lasagna recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
If you are freezing this dish be sure to wrap the casserole well with plastic wrap and foil before you freeze it.
To reheat, simply place the dish in the oven (covered) at 375°F degrees until it is heated through. You may need to add a few minutes to the reheating time if the dish is coming straight from the freezer.
Do you have questions about this easy ravioli lasagna recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
I like to try to get at least two layers but preferably three layers in this lasagna.
The foil keeps the moisture in the casserole and prevents the cheese from browning too much.
Yes, you can reheat single servings in the microwave for one to two minutes or until warm all the way through.
OTHER DELICIOUS PASTA RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Lazy Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
Cheesy lasagna made with fresh or frozen ravioli, your favorite marinara sauce and cheese. This quick casserole dish can be made with a variety of flavors.
- 1 25-ounce jar pasta or marinara sauce
- 1 25-ounce package frozen or fresh ravioli
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread a thin layer (about ¼ to ⅓ cup) of marinara on the bottom of the dish and then put a single layer of ravioli on top.
- Layer 1 cup of the sauce and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top of the ravioli. Repeat the layering process until all the ravioli have been laid
in the dish.
- Top with the remaining marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish in aluminum foil and place into the preheated oven for 25 minutes (or 30 minutes if using frozen ravioli).
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and remove the foil. Return the dish to the oven and bake uncovered for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the
cheese is melted and bubbly on top.
- Top the ravioli lasagna with chopped parsley before serving.
Frozen raviolis can be used in this dish however the cooking time will take an additional 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 558mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 22g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Leave a Reply