Simple and filling Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet dish is sure to become a favorite family meal!
I think one of the best perks being a food blogger is that you are surrounded by creative recipe developers! Mary Ellen from Recipes, Food and Cooking shared a Crock Pot Cheeseburger Casserole last month that I was anxious to try. It’s a simple recipe (aren’t those the best?!), and the cheeseburger title peaked my curiosity, plus I had all the ingredients ready to use!
What I lacked was time! I didn’t plan well in advance to get this assembled and in the slow cooker before heading to work for the day, so instead of postponing my meal plan, I adapted the recipe to be a quick skillet meal!
Like Mary Ellen, I was a little skeptical about adding pickles to the dish, so I served them on the side along with more cheese. I tested the two options on my husband to see which he would like better. He loved the meal just out of the skillet, but when he added the pickles his reaction was, “oh, yeah! Definitely add the pickles!”
The only thing I did different was to add a bit more water so that the noodles would soak up some of the liquid and cook quickly, and add an extra teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
As you prepare for the holidays and are scrambling for meals, cook this Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet meal instead of grabbing take-out! Your bellies with be doing the happy food dance for sure!
Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 cups pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup diced dill pickle
- In a large skillet over medium-heat cook the beef and onion together. When completely cooked drain and discard any grease.
- Add crushed tomatoes, water, Italian seasonings, and Dijon mustard to cooked beef. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta, cover skillet and reduce to simmer. Add salt and pepper to your taste preference. Cook for 25 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Remove lid and stir in cheese. Serve right away or cover again until all the cheese is melted. Serve with additional cheese and pickles.