Jalapeno popper chicken loaded with three types of cheese, fresh jalapeno slices, and crispy bacon. This delicious meal will be a family favorite dish!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
All the same delicious flavors of stuffed jalapenos but instead of little bite size appetizers the cheesy layer covers baked chicken!
Creamy and rich with lots of texture from the topping and packed with flavor from the cheeses and peppers. You are going to love this hearty dish!
I picked this recipe from Brandi’s collection over at Aunt Bee’s Recipes to share for the Fall FREAKY FRIDAY blog hop reveal that I participate in.
The last recipe I made for FF was this Bucatini with Sausage and Kale that my family devoured and it’s now one of of favorite pasta dishes. This Jalapeño Popper Chicken recipe became an instant hit too!
Recipe blog hop!
The premise of Freaky Friday is similar to the Disney movie. Have you seen it? It’s a comedy about a mom and her teenage daughter switching places so they can walk in each other’s shoes.
Talk about a freak-out! It’s a funny family movie that I can watch over and over again.
Freaky Friday for bloggers is a lot of FUN. We poke around each other’s site and make one recipe of our choice, which is the most difficult part of FF especially when there are so many amazing recipes to choose from!
Brandi is a wife and mama of two young kiddos. Her kitchen is always busy and lucky for us she shares her favorite dishes over at Aunt Bee’s Recipes!
Jalapeno popper chicken with bacon!
If you aren’t following her already you need to. You won’t be disappointed with her delicious family recipes. There are so many to choose from that are all drool-worthy, so be prepared to spend to time going though her recipe catalog.
This Low Carb Jalapeño Popper with Chicken caught my eye because A. BACON tastes delicious on everything and B. I was completely intrigued by the crispy topping made with pork rinds (low carb)!
The only difference from Brandi’s recipe and the one I made is that I used fresh jalapeños instead of jarred. I happened to have both available, but opted for the fresh since I needed to use them up.
You can adjust the amount to suit your taste and you can also serve extra on the side for those that like meals with heat!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken with Bacon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7 slices of bacon cooked reserve 2 slices for topping
- 2 jalapenos diced (remove pith)
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 9 ounce bag pork rinds, chicharones, crushed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper in a 13 x 9 – inch casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking fry bacon slices in a large skillet. Drain on paper towels and break into pieces (reserve 2 for topping each serving).
- Add onion and saute until tender. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar and parmesan cheese. Add onions, jalapenos and bacon pieces.
- Remove chicken from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Spread jalapeno popper cheese mixture on top of all the chicken breasts.
- For the topping mix together the crushed pork rinds, parmesan cheese and melted butte. Prinkle over cheese mix and chicken. Bake until the tops are lightly browned and chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Add additional slices of jalapenos and bacon pieces to each serving.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.