Eggnog Bread made with seasonal egg and milk beverage, and then topped with a flavorful glaze and sprinkled with nutmeg! This quick bread makes a delicious holiday gift or morning treat!
If you love the flavor of eggnog be sure to try these Eggnog Cupcake Recipe with Buttercream Frosting too.
Table of Contents
I’ve been putting my Kitchenaid mixer through quite a workout these past few days so that we’ll have plenty of cookies to munch on and enjoy during our Christmas break!
We also have a neighborhood holiday gathering that we go to every year and I’m in charge of bringing a dessert so I want to make sure to have plenty to pack up!
I’m on a baking roll! So I might as well add eggnog bread to the list, right?!
Eggnog quick bread
Are you an eggnog fan? We buy it every year, but I don’t drink milk at all (just preference), so it’s not that appealing to me. I do like the flavor and I’ll have a sip or two, but that’s about it.
Alan is the one that enjoys it the most or maybe it’s the brandy that he adds that he likes best!
We usually end up with a lot leftover, so instead of tossing it out adding it to baked goods sounds like better plan to me!
This recipe doesn’t call for any proofing time. Mix the ingredients, bake, cool and add the glaze.
EGGNOG BREAD RECIPE – INGREDIENTS & UTENSILS
- Eggs, large
- granulated sugar
- prepared eggnog
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground nutmeg
- confectioners sugar
- prepared eggnog
- Loaf pan(s)
- large mixing bowl
- small mixing bowl
- measuring spoons and cups
- mixing spoon
An eggnog loaf makes a great holiday gift idea!
This eggnog bread baked up nice and tender, flavorful, and it’s super easy to make!
Add this recipe to your holiday dessert try or spread the sweetness and give a mini loaf as a gift!
I made one large loaf, but you can also divide the batter and bake mini loafs!
Quick Bread Recipes
You also may like to try these additional quick bread recipes!
- Pumpkin Apple Bread – made with whole wheat pastry flour and lightened up with apple sauce.
- Cherry Quick Bread – tender bread made with juicy cherries.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread – a delicious combination of fruit and vegetables.
Holiday Eggnog Bread
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- dash of nutmeg
- nutmeg for garnish
- Grease the bottom of a 9" x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg
- In a large bowl combine eggs, granulated sugar, butter, egg nog, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients until all ingredients are combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool or 5 minutes before inverting to a cooling rack.
- For ICING, in a small bowl mix powdered sugar with eggnog one tablespoon at a time for desired consistency. Pour over cooled bread.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch, Big Book of Holiday Cooking @2012
Don’t forget to make these Eggnog Cupcakes too!