Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola Bar Recipe with nuts and oats! Delicious easy snack lightly sweetened with honey!
Granola Bar Recipe
These homemade Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars are a cinch to make and are packed with almonds, peanuts, and oats that will keep you satisfied for hours!
With the summer heat and non-stop activities you gotta keep hydrated and fueled with drinks and snacks that are portable and easy to grab when you need to quench your thirst and squash those hunger pangs!
I picked up a Fitbit walking tracker not too long ago because I wanted to see how many miles I walk each day.
I was surprised to learn that I walk a lot, but I wasn’t always getting the recommended 10,000 steps.
The days I struggle with meeting my goal I’ll walk laps around the conference table at work or jog through the house before going to bed.
On the other hand, there are days when I go WAY over 10,000 steps!
That usually happens when I grab a friend and hit the hiking trails.
We’ll be chatting away catching up with what’s going on in our lives and not realize how deep into the wilderness we’ve explored!
I’m a short drive from some of the most amazing hiking areas. Big Sur is loaded with trails along the Pacific Ocean.
In the past I would explore the trails unprepared.
No map, no sun protection, water or snacks.
It only took one massive headache to learn that you can really get dehydrated and HANGRY if you don’t drink enough fluids or have a snack on hand.
Snacks With Quick Energy
I also make sure I have a snack that will give me quick energy. These granola bars are just the right combination of flavors.
Lightly sweetened with honey and packed with protein from the nuts and carbohydrates from the oats and rice cereal.
The dark chocolate and coconut flakes are a delicious bonus that I like to add, but these also taste scrumptious without the toppings.
How To Make Granola Bars
Granola Bar Recipe
- Prepare pan by lining a 8 X 10 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats, rice cereal, almonds and peanuts.
- In a small sauce pan whisk together honey, vanilla and sea salt. Bring to a rolling boil and pour over dry ingredients.
- Fold into ingredients and mix until coated with honey.
- Pour mixed ingredients into prepared pan and pack down ingredients with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and pat down ingredients again.
- Place chocolate pieces on top and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and with a rubber spatula spread chocolate until a thin layer coats the top.
- Top with coconut over chocolate and nuts. Gently pat ingredients into the chocolate.
- Let cool until chocolate hardens.
- Remove foil and cut into 8-10 bars.
The ingredients are simple and from start to finish will take only 25 minutes to make this granola bar recipe.
There is a cooling period, so you do have to be patient for all the ingredients to harden once the bars are cooked, but boy is it worth the wait!
These granola bars freeze well too, so make a stash to have available at anytime!
What’s your favorite homemade snack?
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 dark chocolate candy bars
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.