Have you seen the bags of super-sized marshmallows in the stores? You can’t miss them. They kind of look like marshmallows on steroids. I’m not sure what their purpose is, but I snagged a bag of jumbo marshmallows to make these hot cocoa stir sticks!
I’m afraid regular-sized just won’t do anymore.
Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Stir Sticks
- 12 - 16 ounces chocolate (melted)
- 12 lollypop sticks from a craft store (candy cane sticks or pretzel rods will also work)
- 1 bag Marshmallows (Jumbo! There are about 26 per bag)
- toppings for dipping (your choice)
- Prepare your marshmallows by putting a stick in the middle of each marshmallow. Place on parchment or waxed paper while preparing the melted chocolate. Dip each marshmallow with chocolate, then coat with toppings. Place on parchment or waxed paper to set. Done!
Wrap them in cellophane and give them away! My co-workers got these with hot cocoa mix.
Freeze them! Craving a late night sweet treat? Frozen marshmallows are so good!
Have a wonderful holiday! I’m looking forward to 2013!!