Chocolate Coconut Granola packed with pumpkin seeds, carob nibs and coconut flakes! Add to Greek-style yogurt with fruit for a tasty smoothie bowl.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Greek Gods Greek Yogurt®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Chocolate Coconut Granola For Smoothie Bowls
Have you noticed on Instagram and Pinterest that the plain ole smoothies that I’ve whipped up for years are not cutting it anymore.
The trend has shifted to smoothie bowls where you add all of your favorite toppings like fruit, nuts, chia and flax seeds over yogurt.
It’s been taking off for quite a while and I’ve been hesitant to indulge until now.
With all those toppings loaded over yogurt I got the feeling that smoothie bowl creators were trying to mask what was under all those goodies.
The Key To A Great Tasting Smoothie Bowl Is The Yogurt Base.
I quickly learned that if you have a good yogurt base, then just one or two of your favorite toppings makes the most satisfying snack or breakfast.
There is no need to go overboard with the toppings.
Another smoothie bowl bonus is that I find myself enjoying my meal when sit and eat yogurt instead of running out the door with it in my hand.
Once I tasted Greek Gods Greek Style Yogurt I wanted to savor every creamy bite. Homemade chocolate coconut granola adds the perfect texture that makes me linger at the table even a little longer.
Greek Gods Greek-Style Yogurt has expanded their flavor selection from honey and fruit to rich and creamy chocolate yogurts.
Can I get a hallelujah from all the chocolate lovers out there –> ME <–
This Chocolate Granola Recipe Adds The Right Texture When Paired With Silky Yogurt.
Decadent and creamy chocolate paired with mocha, chocolate and cherry flavors.
Don’t let the smooth texture and dark brown color fool you into thinking that you’re eating pudding though.
Yogurt is healthy nutrient based breakfast or snack packed with calcium, and live cultures that are good for our digestive system.
How Do I Make My Own Chocolate Yogurt?
For this smoothie bowl I started with delicious ready made chocolate mocha yogurt. Having trouble finding it in the store?
Here’s how to make your own!
- First, pick your favorite plain Greek Yogurt.
- In a small bowl add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Add flavor or sweetener of your choice
Mix it up and top it with an easy homemade chocolate coconut granola mix with pumpkin seeds and cocoa nibs.
Enjoy for breakfast, snack or instead of ice cream have a scoop of chocolate mocha yogurt for dessert!
Chocolate Coconut Granola
- 2 Cups rolled oats gluten free
- 1/4 cup cocoa unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon expresso powder
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cups coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup carob nibs
- 1/2 cup per serving Greek Gods Greek-Style Chocolate Mocha Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- In a large bowl mix oats, cocoa, espresso powder and salt together until well combined.
- In a small bowl melt honey and coconut oil together in the microwave 20 seconds. Repeat until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture over oats and mix until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Spread evenly over prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes. The last five minutes add coconut and pumpkin seeds. Remove from oven and cool. Once cool mix in carob nibs. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve over Greek Gods Greek-Style Chocolate Mocha yogurt with diced fruit of your choice.
Makes approximately 12 1/4 cup servings.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.